GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 ports good, 4 ports bad...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 13:35
Regular
How many people have *honestly* had a problem with the PS1/2 only having 2 controller ports?

How many people here use their DC/N64 with 4 players more than 2?

Why is this such a downside to the Sony machines? You have to buy a tap to have 4 players? Personally, I haven't played a 4 player game since Micro Machines on the Megadrive.

Let's dispel this for once and for all.

Firstly, how about the fact that you could have 2 multitaps and have 8 player games? How cool would it be to have a footy game where almost every player is human controlled? You couldnt have that on a DC/N64, could you!

"Oh, but they are so expensive!" you cry.

Actually, it's cheaper to play 4 player on a PS1/2 than either of the other machines.

4 PS2 pads are £80, and the tap is £20. Total: £100.
4 DC pads are £80, 4 rumble packs are £36. Total: £116.
4 N64 pads are £92, 4 rumble packs are £36. Total: £128.

(all prices are from SR)

This has never been an issue for PS1/2 owners. People who want 4 player can get it. The only people that bring this up are Nintys and Segats (whatever they are called). It's just a shame they are in fact, losing on this one.

Any more arguments anyone else would like to prove wrong while we are here?
Tue 20/11/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Slaveunit wrote:
How many people here use their DC/N64 with 4 players more
> than 2?

I used to ... Post pub Mario Kart was fun! :)
Tue 20/11/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
How many people have *honestly* had a problem with the PS1/2 only having 2 controller ports?

How many people here use their DC/N64 with 4 players more than 2?

Why is this such a downside to the Sony machines? You have to buy a tap to have 4 players? Personally, I haven't played a 4 player game since Micro Machines on the Megadrive.

Let's dispel this for once and for all.

Firstly, how about the fact that you could have 2 multitaps and have 8 player games? How cool would it be to have a footy game where almost every player is human controlled? You couldnt have that on a DC/N64, could you!

"Oh, but they are so expensive!" you cry.

Actually, it's cheaper to play 4 player on a PS1/2 than either of the other machines.

4 PS2 pads are £80, and the tap is £20. Total: £100.
4 DC pads are £80, 4 rumble packs are £36. Total: £116.
4 N64 pads are £92, 4 rumble packs are £36. Total: £128.

(all prices are from SR)

This has never been an issue for PS1/2 owners. People who want 4 player can get it. The only people that bring this up are Nintys and Segats (whatever they are called). It's just a shame they are in fact, losing on this one.

Any more arguments anyone else would like to prove wrong while we are here?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.