GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think i hate nintendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 06:00
Regular
Despite my nes being on the way, my 64 wired into my tv, my gameboy, albeit desolate and dusty, lying around somewhere and my 'cube pre-order firmly in place, i really do think i hate nintendo.

After the japanese launch, it didn't feel too bad. Other people had the hardware, but the games, athough looking good, weren't in great enough abundance to make me too jealous. And hey, america didn't even have the thing yet.

Now? America have it too, there are more games, and the influx of screenshots and previews makes them all the more attractive.
Meanwhile what do we have? Not so much as a release day, and nothing expected sooner than (counting on fingers, dec, jan, feb, mar...) 4 months away.

Why is this? The console is ready. It's not some mystical futuristic piece of technology anymore, it's already sitting in hundreds of thousands, nay, millions of homes all over the world. My 64 isn't the latest thing, waiting for the gamecube, it's an inferior product, but i'm being denied the chance to upgrade.

To me, the fact that everything is ready and waiting to go, and the only reason we can't have them for at least a third of a year is because nintendo have decided to supply them in an abundance to thier preferred areas of the world. And we've got so long to wait.
That's what is so frustrating.

Gamecubes on shop shelves that won't go anywhere for a long time because demand has slowed down. But not for us.

Could this be how hungry people in famine-striken countries look at overweight people in comfortable lives of deep-fried excess?
How homeless people look at suburban 3 bedroomed, detached, all mod-cons families?

Obviously not. Not in any significant amount anyway, even if the principle is similar.
Just shows how spoilt i've become.

But damn, i want one of those things.
Mon 19/11/01 at 06:00
Regular
Despite my nes being on the way, my 64 wired into my tv, my gameboy, albeit desolate and dusty, lying around somewhere and my 'cube pre-order firmly in place, i really do think i hate nintendo.

After the japanese launch, it didn't feel too bad. Other people had the hardware, but the games, athough looking good, weren't in great enough abundance to make me too jealous. And hey, america didn't even have the thing yet.

Now? America have it too, there are more games, and the influx of screenshots and previews makes them all the more attractive.
Meanwhile what do we have? Not so much as a release day, and nothing expected sooner than (counting on fingers, dec, jan, feb, mar...) 4 months away.

Why is this? The console is ready. It's not some mystical futuristic piece of technology anymore, it's already sitting in hundreds of thousands, nay, millions of homes all over the world. My 64 isn't the latest thing, waiting for the gamecube, it's an inferior product, but i'm being denied the chance to upgrade.

To me, the fact that everything is ready and waiting to go, and the only reason we can't have them for at least a third of a year is because nintendo have decided to supply them in an abundance to thier preferred areas of the world. And we've got so long to wait.
That's what is so frustrating.

Gamecubes on shop shelves that won't go anywhere for a long time because demand has slowed down. But not for us.

Could this be how hungry people in famine-striken countries look at overweight people in comfortable lives of deep-fried excess?
How homeless people look at suburban 3 bedroomed, detached, all mod-cons families?

Obviously not. Not in any significant amount anyway, even if the principle is similar.
Just shows how spoilt i've become.

But damn, i want one of those things.
Mon 19/11/01 at 10:35
Regular
If you want it that bad then why not get an import? It doesnt work out to be that expensive either.
Mon 19/11/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Heh....I Hate SEGA-Europe.

If any1 got a Dreamcast...I think they'll understand...They didn't allow anything!
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:14
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yep it's the same old sad story of Nintendo not caring about their European gamers, if only they relised the potential in mass advertising and actually releasing the console early in Europe too would be for them.

You would have thought it would be out before Christmas at least but unfortunately not.
Mon 19/11/01 at 16:31
Regular
Looking back, it seems mad not having it this christmas.
I remember before christmas last year, complaining about how the 64 was virtually in the past, and how nintendo needed to hurry up the gube release. And a year later we're in exactly the same position.
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:24
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Nice post...short and sweet. As for the actual topci at hand, I totally agree with you. Over the last month or so, I've lost so much faith in Nintendo that I got a PS2 and two games last Monday (although I can't play on it till Christmas day).
Still got my Gamecube pre-ordered, mind you, although if the Gamecube is delayed, I won't be able to cancel my pre-order quick enough!
Mon 19/11/01 at 17:39
Regular
Dr. Duck i re-name you DWTD (Duck with the deploma)!
Mon 19/11/01 at 22:00
Regular
I mean, If you really lost that much faith, then Try, and i mean try (i can't...i tired :D)
and play your N64...theres still Love in them to be given :)
Mon 19/11/01 at 22:59
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
i) Nintendo can't keep the things on the shelves in the US and now increasingly Japan too.

ii) Stop moaning and import if it annoys you that much
Mon 19/11/01 at 23:08
Regular
well...did you read the Guide i posted? heh...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.