GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think i hate nintendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 06:00
Regular
Despite my nes being on the way, my 64 wired into my tv, my gameboy, albeit desolate and dusty, lying around somewhere and my 'cube pre-order firmly in place, i really do think i hate nintendo.

After the japanese launch, it didn't feel too bad. Other people had the hardware, but the games, athough looking good, weren't in great enough abundance to make me too jealous. And hey, america didn't even have the thing yet.

Now? America have it too, there are more games, and the influx of screenshots and previews makes them all the more attractive.
Meanwhile what do we have? Not so much as a release day, and nothing expected sooner than (counting on fingers, dec, jan, feb, mar...) 4 months away.

Why is this? The console is ready. It's not some mystical futuristic piece of technology anymore, it's already sitting in hundreds of thousands, nay, millions of homes all over the world. My 64 isn't the latest thing, waiting for the gamecube, it's an inferior product, but i'm being denied the chance to upgrade.

To me, the fact that everything is ready and waiting to go, and the only reason we can't have them for at least a third of a year is because nintendo have decided to supply them in an abundance to thier preferred areas of the world. And we've got so long to wait.
That's what is so frustrating.

Gamecubes on shop shelves that won't go anywhere for a long time because demand has slowed down. But not for us.

Could this be how hungry people in famine-striken countries look at overweight people in comfortable lives of deep-fried excess?
How homeless people look at suburban 3 bedroomed, detached, all mod-cons families?

Obviously not. Not in any significant amount anyway, even if the principle is similar.
Just shows how spoilt i've become.

But damn, i want one of those things.
Sun 25/11/01 at 06:32
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Dr Duck, I'm going to conviscate your PHD for this! The only way to get it back
> is to send me a GameCube or N64 game...

;-)

Okay, it's on the way. Still, the post round here hasn't been too reliable, so don't blame me if it mysteriously never arrives ever ; )
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Dr Duck, I'm going to conviscate your PHD for this! The only way to get it back is to send me a GameCube or N64 game...

;-)
Sat 24/11/01 at 12:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
HOW THE HELL DO YOU EVEN THINK YOU CAN HATE NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU'RE INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, we all have to wait, and we ALL hate it!! But it will come in time, for now, just enjoy your N64 and GameBoy, they're still great consoles! And with 4 months to go, you can keep on saving for all the costs. £200 for the console, and about £40 per game. You could start saving to buy a whole load of games at once!! Don't bother importing one, unless you can read Japanese, and afford another £100+ for the importing costs. Don't worry, it'll be worth te wait, and you're not alone!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 07:17
Sure they make us wait but it adds to the "suspense". Oh hell i hate it I want my cube now!now!now!now!NOW! But I don't hate them, think about it there is no other option to wait. Unless the whole of Europe goes on strike untill Ninty give us the cube! But since our petit lives dont bother him it woldnt work anyway. Oh well!
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:05
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
here here (it just boild my blood thinking that Nintendo would divert GameCubes to America AT the expense of Europe)

):0
Wed 21/11/01 at 07:14
Regular
I didn't change my mind and decide i don't hate them. I explained, in an interesting and new style WHY i hate nintendo. I just acknowledged that it wasn't actually that significant in the long run at the end because the topic seemed to be taking itself a bit too seriously, and also it makes you feel a little better about not having a gube (oh yes) yet, right?

Anyway, now that i've had the last word, let's let the topic die ; )
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:18
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Now let this topic fall to a slow unpainful death...shall we ?
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, this Nintendo chat forum is half full of 'I hate Nintendo' posts and then the creaters decide they don't really... they just couldn't decide. Make an immaginative new thread. C'mon people...

(Damn brain, be more immaginative...)
Tue 20/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
stephenw18 wrote:
> How can anyone hate Nintendo??? You would have to be a Greystation lover!!!

Oh dear.
Tue 20/11/01 at 21:05
How can anyone hate Nintendo??? You would have to be a Greystation lover!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.