GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thumb Bandits"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 23:57
Regular
Channel 4's new games show. Anyone watch it?

Pretty cool I reckon. Quite adult in its approach - fair amount of swearing, though - that may be taking it a little too far.

Plenty of footage of the games, and some sensible comments.

Possibly the best games show yet.
Sun 18/11/01 at 09:15
Regular
""
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Weird Wonder wrote:
> I live in mid Wales so I can't even get a trace of
> Channel 4.

That might be why it was just on S4C. Stumbled across it, forget
> the start time. Then again, S4C don't always kee their late C4 shows at regular
> time slots.

To my fellow pobol y cwm dodgers: check next weekends listings
> for late saturday night. If bu... never mind. If the show's there, i wouldn't
> bother staying up, but it's worth taping. If you don't find it, i guess it's
> hunt through the schedules time again.

Hail all you pobl cym dodgers. It's pretty lame isn't it. I don't like S4C because the proggrames are normally on 5 weeks later than Channel 4 and if there's a no hope Welsh team playing they're cancled for the Welsh sport.

=B0p
Sun 18/11/01 at 02:25
Regular
Weird Wonder wrote:
> I live in mid Wales so I can't even get a trace of Channel 4.

That might be why it was just on S4C. Stumbled across it, forget the start time. Then again, S4C don't always kee their late C4 shows at regular time slots.

To my fellow pobol y cwm dodgers: check next weekends listings for late saturday night. If bu... never mind. If the show's there, i wouldn't bother staying up, but it's worth taping. If you don't find it, i guess it's hunt through the schedules time again.
Sun 18/11/01 at 02:21
Regular
Ugh.
Just saw bu... never mind, that show. Ugh.
I feel dirty.

Missed the first showing, chanced upon the repeat.

Ian lee was a fairly good presenter on the 11 o'clock show. Unfortunately this one doesn't give him enough opportunities to be sarcastic, cruel or to make fun of people (thanks censor!). Add to this the fact that he seems blatantly unqualified to be reading his autocue, and that his show is aimed at people he sometimes ridiculed on his last show, and you have a pretty rubbish choice of presenter.

Aleks. Let's be honest, virtually everyone's favourite bits presenter was Bouff, and Emily was always second choice. Personally, i never had anything negative to say about her, but everyone i knew dubbed her 'the ugly one', 'the rubbish one', 'the one with the annoying voice' or just 'the other one'. Harsh, i felt. She didn't annoy me, was the first one who's name i knew (ie, not 'the other one'), presented well and was definitely not ugly (shame she lost that coloured strip in her hair though).
Still, by majority rule i guess it's another bad choice of presenter.

Content-wise, they probably have an easy ride until christmas, with people looking towards the heavy christmas market for ps2 and pc games, and cube and x-box fans hanging on their words for fresh screenshots and news.
Don't know how long it's running for, but it might dry up a bit after christmas, so people could be seeing what the show's really made of. Few releases, not enough by way of x-box or gc hype for a couple of months.

As for the thing under the end credits. Why bother? Why not just show pictures of the bits crew together with soft violin music so we can all mourn the good old days...

Ah well, i'll be tuning in same time next week i expect : )
Sat 17/11/01 at 23:05
Regular
Not the best of release games.....Where's SSBM?
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:52
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Edgy wrote:
> Shocktrooper wrote:
> Yeah, the bit where they said that the Gamecube had
> StarFox Dinosaur Planet as
> one of the release titles really annoyed me - I
> mean, they're supposed to gte
> their facts right, not get 'em
> wrong.

Apart from that, it weren't a bad
> show.

Watch the show again
> (if you recorded it). They said it was THEIR UNNOFICIAL UK LAUNCH! They didn't
> say it was the Japanese launch!

Well, that's even worse, then :-(

SHOCKY - Angry at Thumb Bandits.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but people often don't CHOOSE windows. It comes with their PCs they buy, or if they are inexperienced, they don;t actually know there is an alternative. Microsoft have the Operating System market wrapped round their little fingers.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:46
Regular
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Yeah, the bit where they said that the Gamecube had StarFox Dinosaur Planet as
> one of the release titles really annoyed me - I mean, they're supposed to gte
> their facts right, not get 'em wrong.

Apart from that, it weren't a bad
> show.

Watch the show again (if you recorded it). They said it was THEIR UNNOFICIAL UK LAUNCH! They didn't say it was the Japanese launch!
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:44
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Yeah, the bit where they said that the Gamecube had StarFox Dinosaur Planet as one of the release titles really annoyed me - I mean, they're supposed to gte their facts right, not get 'em wrong.

Apart from that, it weren't a bad show.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:42
Regular
""
I live in mid Wales so I can't even get a trace of Channel 4.
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:38
Regular
I can get Channel 4, but not with the best picture. S4C works fine, but you get a load of flem-mouthed people talking about Beth and Pam all the time. They're the two most popular women in Wales you know!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.