GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thumb Bandits"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/11/01 at 23:57
Regular
Channel 4's new games show. Anyone watch it?

Pretty cool I reckon. Quite adult in its approach - fair amount of swearing, though - that may be taking it a little too far.

Plenty of footage of the games, and some sensible comments.

Possibly the best games show yet.
Fri 16/11/01 at 23:57
"High polygon count"
Channel 4's new games show. Anyone watch it?

Pretty cool I reckon. Quite adult in its approach - fair amount of swearing, though - that may be taking it a little too far.

Plenty of footage of the games, and some sensible comments.

Sat 17/11/01 at 00:03
Darn. Just missed it!

I thought it started at 11:50?
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I thought it was really good, better than Bits and Cyber someting (from channel 3) finally a decent games show.

The bit about the swearing where he did it to the little kid I thought was quite funny, that was probably the shock factor though.

I saw GTA3 in action, didn't really help my loyalty to Nintendo much, gah stupid show!

:-)
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:06
Regular
"One More Chance"
I thought it was good, entered the comp to win PS2! I liked it where he at the end put his middle finger up at her and said "Sit on it" or whatever. Great show.
Sat 17/11/01 at 00:08
Regular
GTA3 looks nice, first footage i've seen of the game. Not sure about Tony Hawks though it really does look exactly like the other two games.
Sat 17/11/01 at 05:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
Pretty cool I reckon. Quite
> adult in its approach - fair amount of swearing, though - that may be taking it
> a little too far.
Plenty of footage of the games, and some sensible
> comments.

Blimey, my brain has been cloned and placed into Wookiee's cranium. I thought exactly the same thing.

Top bit from the show was when a hardcore strategy gamer was asked in an interview: "Don't you think you're just sad?" and had to think about his answer.
Sat 17/11/01 at 07:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Bes**t Bit: "Well, the X-Box is basically a box with an X on top, and we think that's sh*t.

Wors**t Bit: "Gamecube launched in Japan with three games - Luigi's Mansion, Wave RAce: Blue Storm and Starfox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet."
Sat 17/11/01 at 10:49
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Can't wait for next week.....
Sat 17/11/01 at 11:45
Regular
"Back For Good"
It's hardly the best show yet but It's not bad considering the other game shows on TV, I still prefer bits though, I thought it was the perfect addition to 4later but obviously channel 4 disagree :-(

They could do with showning more in-game footage but other than that it's worth watching :-)
Sat 17/11/01 at 12:48
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I wasn't so sure.

Is Max Payne really that bad on the PS2. I thought it was like one of the best games ever made on the PC but maybe its just the PS2 version.

And to be honest those two presenters irritated me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.