GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bond Films."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/11/01 at 09:48
Regular
I watched The World Is Not Enough last night, and it made me think about all the Bond films I've see (pretty much all of them). They've had the latest on telly over the last few weeks, and one thing struck me about all of them - they weren't as good as the early ones.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, and I don't watch them to complete some sort of moral journey. They are a fun film, with explosions and Bond getting the woman and generally being suave.

But I still prefer the earlier ones, my favourite is Live and Let Die. One of the reasons for this is that the bad guys are actually bad guys. The bloke that is in the coffin with all the snakes, he's scary. And you can tell he's bad, straight away.

In T.W.I.N.E, Robert Carlyle (sp?) isn't scary, end of story. You don't looke at him and immediately think "Oh, bad guy alert." You look at him and think "Look, it's that bloke from Trainspotting, and the Full Monty."

I think he's a great actor, and at the end of the day, he's just doing what the director wants him to, but it just doesn't seem to work - in my opinion.

I also rate Robbie Coltrane and Pierce Brosnan as actors, so it's not as if they had a shabby cast. Coltrane was particularly good actually, and Brosnan gave his usual high performance as Bond.

As I said, I know Bond films are all about fun, and him doing blatantly unrealistic things, but they seem to have forgotten all the things that made the early films so great, and just concentrated on the special effects and the gadgets.

Here's hoping the next one has a bit more substance.
Thu 15/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> I know that.

>shut up

>it's Robin Wiliams that was asked to be bond.

moron
Thu 15/11/01 at 17:41
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:

"in your dreams."

No really, I do. I'll go get him.

I'll pass you over to Roger.

Hi. *raises eyebrow*

See! Told you.
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:52
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> Just thinking of Robin Williams as Bond makes me laugh.

lol, yeah.

Goooooooooooooooood morning, random Russians!
*wierd facial expressions, while slimbing up a stepladder to kiss Bond gilr*
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Just thinking of Robin Williams as Bond makes me laugh.
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:13
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> I know that.

shut up

it's Robin Wiliams that was asked to be bond.

You absolute idiot. Its clear you know nothing about films. Get out of my forum, or I'll set Grix on you. Robin Williams is one of the shortest actos in Hollywood, and he's a comedian. Could you see him as Bond? He'd never be even asked to play Bond. Robbie Williams, on the other hand, looks the part, but he can't act for toffee, or any sugar/gelatine product. Now, sod off. And please, come again!
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:10
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Fisrtly "Roger and Moore" is actually 3 words. :-P

Secondly, Sean
> Connery was the best Bond. End of argument.

Peirce Brosnan is second, Moore
> and Timothy Dalton must have been mistakes by the casters.

Yep. Timothy Dalton is the Bond Fleming wrote about, but not the Bond of the movies. roger Moore was a mistake, and I don't particularly like his Bond films.

Anyway, I rate Goldeneye as one of the best films, and Sean Bean makes a great bad guy. He's evilly sardonic, and he is brutal. Plus he fights well. That it all over, I rule. ;-)
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:08
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> I know that.

shut up

IT'S NOT!

IT'S ROBBIE.
ROBBIE.
ROBBIE.
ROBBIE.
ROBBIE.

NOT Robin.
Thu 15/11/01 at 16:04
"I hate that!!!"
I know that.

shut up

Thu 15/11/01 at 16:03
Doughnut Monster wrote:
It's ROBIN
> WILLIAMS. don't u know who Robbie williams is?

Dognut you bloody idiot!

ROBIN Williams is the actor.

ROBBIE Williams is the singer.

BUT they were going to ask ROBBIE Williams to be the next Bond has he has the look of a Bond.

So that's ROBBIE WILLIAMS who was rumoured to be the next Bond. ROBBIE NOT ROBIN.

Got it?
Thu 15/11/01 at 15:58
"I hate that!!!"
citizencole wrote:
> the rumour was that ROBBIE williams will be the next bond.
but i think this
> rumour has been denied now.

It's ROBIN WILLIAMS. don't u know who Robbie williams is?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.