GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Midnight Club 2 worth getting ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Midnight Club 2'.
Fri 02/05/03 at 10:02
Regular
The reviews are good but not great (it reminds me of Midtown Madness on the PC - which isn't a bad thing) but I must be the only person in the world who doesn't own GTA3 or Vice City and it looks so similar to those games but obviously with different gameplay.
I would welcome any new good racing game but have my doubts, prove me wrong please....
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
It's an OK game but not essential, if I hadn't won it I don't think I would have bought it since I have Burnout 2 and PGR, which I prefer.

The graphics are a bit grainy and the cars could be better looking, granted I only have about 6 at the moment, but they're all a bit bland to look at.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:48
Regular
"  "
pring wrote:
> Don't anyone buy it, just rent it from blockbuster because you can
> complete it in under 5 hours. I got it on sunday night and I
> completed it Monday morning (I didn't play it for 5 hours straight
> though)

Heh, takes a damn site longer than that. Each person you meet takes about an hour to beat, and there are about 25 of them.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I've got a copy at home, played for 30 minutes and went back to playing Ikaruga, glad I didn't waste £30+ on a GTA cash in.
Rockstar will never make a good racing game.
Wed 28/05/03 at 09:10
Regular
"Complete Banker"
pring wrote:
> Don't anyone buy it, just rent it from blockbuster because you can
> complete it in under 5 hours

I must be cr@p then - this game is hard as nails - especially the last few races in LA!! Just beaten the Algerian bloke, although I haven't had much of a chance to play it recently.

This game gets better and better.
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:45
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Don't anyone buy it, just rent it from blockbuster because you can complete it in under 5 hours. I got it on sunday night and I completed it Monday morning (I didn't play it for 5 hours straight though)
Sat 24/05/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Glad I didn't buy it after all.
If your looking for a real challenge, get Ikaruga for the 'Cube
Thu 22/05/03 at 20:22
Regular
"  "
Flying Pig wrote:
> Valentino Rossi wrote:
> what you trying to say ? I live a couple of miles from sunny Romford
>
> Is Romford ever Sunny?! :)
>
> El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Meh, I got to the last championship races in Paris. :P
>
> Git.

I just beat the first guy in Tokyo and got his car. The handling really has started to proove itself. It's amazing, really is.
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I think it's a sucky cash-in. It's just the driving part of Vice City rehashed, except you're trapped in the car... it wants to be Burnout 2 but it never will be. I've only played the US version online, but that was a pointless experience (not because of a lack of records, but because nobody stays in the game unless they have a car which obliterates the opposition!)
Thu 22/05/03 at 12:57
Regular
MC2II is fun for a while, but quickly gets boring as the races get more complex and you have to work out the best route through the checkpoints. Too much repetition and not enough variety make this an average game at best.
Thu 22/05/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Romford is only ever sunny when some-one sets something on fire and lights up the sky !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.