GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony Suck"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/11/01 at 20:38
Regular
Hello playstationers, I'm just visiting from the Nintendo forum and i would like 2 say that sony really suck. Theym overprice all their hardware they only have about 4 decent games and about 5000 rubbish ones. When the gamecube comes out Nintendo r going 2 kick your ass.
Mon 12/11/01 at 22:59
Regular
Us Nintys apologise for 006's crap, it seems that Mario has been sitting on his face for too long and not enough Oxygen is getting to his brain.
Mon 12/11/01 at 23:00
Regular
"360: swfcman"
LOL!!
Mon 12/11/01 at 23:06
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Uh huh....right

*Jots some notes down on pad*

"Declared - insane!"

Goodbye, dumbo.
Tue 13/11/01 at 10:42
Regular
"WWJD"
yes any way
Tue 13/11/01 at 10:45
Regular
sad person
Tue 13/11/01 at 11:27
Nintendo don't suck in my opinion. However seeing as the crux of this argument was pricing and decent games, I feel I have to add my own experience to the pot.

the N64. Yes admittedly it only cost £100 for the initial box of supposed joy. Compared to the playstations £130 (at the time). However, now I want to buy a second pad for my N64 = £30, compared to the PSXs pads at £20. Ok The big N still cheaper. Now I want to buy say... 3 top games for my console. I go with the Big N, I pay between £150-180 for my 3 games (at £50-60 a game) whereas I pay £90 for my three PSX titles.

So now I have a console 2 pads 3 games, a good start.
If I went through Nintendo, I'd spend £280-300 on getting that together. If I went through Sony I'd spend £240.

But of course I'm not going to stop at 3 games, so eventually I've spent far more on my Nintendo console than I have my Sony one.... and thats what I did and I found it very annoying that the games I wanted cost almost twice as much as the PSX titles. I think overall I'd prefer overpriced hardware to overpriced software.

On to the games. As a Nintendo 64 owner, I was pretty disappointed with the games available to me. Mario 64 was great fun, the two Zelda games were amazing, Goldeneye and to a lesser extent Perfect Dark were also great and had good life spans. But that was about it!
I tried a handful of others, but non of them were even close to "must have" titles.
As I played and purchased and was continually disappointed, I looked to all the happy playstationers and there little box of power deprived joy. I'd assumed that 'cause the specs were worse, the console was. Then I borrowed one off my mate and found it to be much more to my taste.

I know what you're thinking "grass is always greener" well yes in this case it was, I since got myself a PSX and enjoyed it far more than the stinkin' N64!

Zelda is still better than Final Fantasy I think??? but FF isn't too far off, plus there's your Tekkens and your street fighters and a whole other bunch of goodies on Sony machines.

I hope the Game cube does kick bottom, then I can head back over to camp Nintendo. I still need a next gen machine that compares to the supremacy of the SNES, will it ever happen?
Tue 13/11/01 at 11:31
Regular
N64 pads are £22.99 from SR.
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
GTA3 is great while it lasts, but it's not one of best games ever.
That title will have to go to one of the many classic nintendo games like mario, zelda or goldeneye.
Sony people are to quick to praise the greatness of average games (i remember official playstation magazine giving speed freaks 10/10 saying it was better than mario kart!!!, and whatever happened to that old game? It became a special reserve free gift!)
I do think the ps2 will easily beat the gamecube for many reasons.
What the hell..i'm gonna get both and enjoy pro evo soccer, silent hill, mgs2 on ps2 and waverace, dinosaur planet, zelda, star wars, etc on gamecube.
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:33
Regular
"WWJD"
i don't think sony or nitendo suck the new nitendo console wont be as good as the PS2 but what u gonna do, nitendo rule the hand held consoles though until sony bring out a good one
Tue 13/11/01 at 12:39
Regular
sony would easily beat the Game boy advance it would be called the PSone but even smaller i wouldnt get one though i dont like the graphics

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.