GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is cheating really worth the hassle?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 00:31
Regular
From what I've learnt, HELL NO! Clever Mr Nice Guy rightly found me out, I copied three reviews from a website. It was totally wrong of me to sink so low and try and win the easy way. Many come on this sight to have the opportunity to win a free game and many just come on for their reward. Wrong! That shouldn't be the case. People should gather here to discuss different topics, some that might make you win! Not topics raised just for winnings sake. This was the stupid mistake I made in the reviews section of special reserve. I cheated. I copied some quite attractive reviews for the chance of winning gameaday! That was totally wrong of me and I admit. I'm now actually thanking Mr Nice Guy and others out there for setting me right, even with, what I found personally, interrogating remarks. From these comments I know that regulars here mean business, so a few words of advice for you newbies. DO NOT CHEAT! No matter how tempted you are, resist and create your own topics/reviews and don't make the damn wrong mistake I did. Copying is for thick losers who can't think of their own contributions, so believe me, DON'T COPY!!!
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:31
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
From what I've learnt, HELL NO! Clever Mr Nice Guy rightly found me out, I copied three reviews from a website. It was totally wrong of me to sink so low and try and win the easy way. Many come on this sight to have the opportunity to win a free game and many just come on for their reward. Wrong! That shouldn't be the case. People should gather here to discuss different topics, some that might make you win! Not topics raised just for winnings sake. This was the stupid mistake I made in the reviews section of special reserve. I cheated. I copied some quite attractive reviews for the chance of winning gameaday! That was totally wrong of me and I admit. I'm now actually thanking Mr Nice Guy and others out there for setting me right, even with, what I found personally, interrogating remarks. From these comments I know that regulars here mean business, so a few words of advice for you newbies. DO NOT CHEAT! No matter how tempted you are, resist and create your own topics/reviews and don't make the damn wrong mistake I did. Copying is for thick losers who can't think of their own contributions, so believe me, DON'T COPY!!!
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:34
Regular
well duh
go stand in the corner
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:36
Regular
"Wasting away"
Why thank you, I made you see the light. Just one problem, Tony is online and if he sees this then.......
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:39
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
...I'm in deep!
Fri 26/10/01 at 09:06
Regular
No, you're an idiot. Just, sod off, will you? Can anyone remember the last newbie that was any good? Mr Nice Guy doesn't count, he's been here for ages as different nicks.
Fri 26/10/01 at 09:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Regardless of tony being here, there is a report post to moderator button, and people use them.

Much as I would feel sorry for you, I can't as the rules clearly state.... blah blah blah.

You get the idea.
Fri 26/10/01 at 10:31
Regular
Reload wrote:
> ...I'm in deep sh*t!

Hey, come off it, anguage, language. Firs**t you copy and now your swearing. I know you censored it, but the fact that I have seen it makes me angry. Your new here, you copy reviews, I argue along with mr Nice Guy...I see some of the wors**t excuses ever. You write a miserable apology that contradicts everything you have done and now I find you swearing. All I can say is, tut tut tut.

MJ
Fri 26/10/01 at 10:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Reload wrote:
> ...I'm in deep sh*t!

If not before you are now!
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:19
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Come on! Can't we all just get along? You wanted me to admit and, bravely, I have admitted. Not for copying discussions, but for three measly reviews. I thought the reason for these forums was to chat about games like no other forum does, not constant bombardments telling me to "sod off". I hope this can all finally stop and I can get on with some of you discussing certain topics.

Please?!
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:21
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
You might find it easier to change your name and start again. Sadly, branding sticks here.

Personally, I don't give a toss.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.