GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone explain the "Third Place" adds..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 22:22
Regular
Anyone???

I really don't understand them./ They seem to say that after playing your PS2 you will feel a sudden urge to either dive into blood water of sleep next to the washing machine (the dog one)

can ANYONE tell me what they mean??
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:35
Regular
"always swirling"
ajm wrote:
> Anyone seen the "i am the wolfman" one. I mean what the hell is that
> all about. The first time i saw it i just started laughing and didnt stop for
> ages! Then i watched it again and thought the same thing. Every time i watch it
> i cant help but laugh. It was the same with th ps1 ads. Did any of them make any
> sense until quite soon before the ps2 was released. Does anyone remember th
> Crash Bandicoot 2 ad where there is an old man eating tomato soup. The first one
> that made any sense was the Dino Crisis one.
I think that Sony are trying to
> show that anything can happen in the third place and that it is the same on the
> ps2. They r just showing that many more games are going to come out and they are
> going to get better and better.
Although the ads dont make any sense they
> still show that anything is possible in a ps2 game.
Back to that "i am the
> wolfman ad" its showing that u can be anyone u want in a ps2 game and u can
> be them at any time u want. But at the same time it makes you laugh which is
> another good way to sell games. The fact is that the ps2 ads are just as wierd
> as some other ads.
So theres your answer.

here's a guy who spends far to much time watching tv!
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:30
Anyone seen the "i am the wolfman" one. I mean what the hell is that all about. The first time i saw it i just started laughing and didnt stop for ages! Then i watched it again and thought the same thing. Every time i watch it i cant help but laugh. It was the same with th ps1 ads. Did any of them make any sense until quite soon before the ps2 was released. Does anyone remember th Crash Bandicoot 2 ad where there is an old man eating tomato soup. The first one that made any sense was the Dino Crisis one.
I think that Sony are trying to show that anything can happen in the third place and that it is the same on the ps2. They r just showing that many more games are going to come out and they are going to get better and better.
Although the ads dont make any sense they still show that anything is possible in a ps2 game.
Back to that "i am the wolfman ad" its showing that u can be anyone u want in a ps2 game and u can be them at any time u want. But at the same time it makes you laugh which is another good way to sell games. The fact is that the ps2 ads are just as wierd as some other ads.
So theres your answer.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
If i could explain those ads, i wouldnt need to be here workin my butt off for free games / dvd's!
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:18
Regular
"always swirling"
Sibs wrote:
> I think they are complete crap adverts that show no game footage and are just
> trying to sell the damn thing based on an image and that totally sux. Screw the
> adverts and what's the point in analysing them when they are crap.

but they work.

its got use talking about it, so really the advert is doing its job... advertising
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think they are complete crap adverts that show no game footage and are just trying to sell the damn thing based on an image and that totally sux. Screw the adverts and what's the point in analysing them when they are crap.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:06
Regular
"always swirling"
they mean that the makers of the ps2 adverts are on something.

be it drugs, alcohol or their own mental self-pity ; we do not know
Wed 24/10/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
It means, if you buy a ps2, this is what will happen to you...
ie DON'T!!!!!!
Wed 24/10/01 at 17:15
Silent85 wrote:
> It means in reality and fantasy PS2 can go to both the places so it is in the
> 3rd place

and it aint a faeces place u prat

whos a prat and what are u talking about
Wed 24/10/01 at 17:10
It means in reality and fantasy PS2 can go to both the places so it is in the 3rd place

and it aint a faeces place u prat
Wed 24/10/01 at 17:10
the TV ads are trying to say PS2 is the third place!
and it seems the third place is bloody water, a washing machiene and a duck (the first add.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.