GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are blokes wussy about going to hospital?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 13:41
Regular
C'mon people - give me a clue.

Boss - hurt his heel several weeks ago and hasn't stopped complaining to me since. Came in this morning limping badly as he played golf last night "only eleven holes". Ouch, ouch, moan, moan. "Can you fetch that file for me please, as I can barely walk?". So I ask him what the doctor / hospital have said and get told "I haven't been, I don't need to go".

Husband - fell out of shower (drunk) on Saturday. I gets home late evening to cries of "I've broke my ribs". Sunday morning I offered to take him to the hospital "no, it's all right, I don't need to go". So while he can still manage to go to work and the pub, where I am not present, this morning I got "I can't get the dog in the car - you'll have to do it".

Do you get the usual blue bruising if you break any ribs? cos I don't believe him.

So while I have not sympathy for either of them I've still turned into a ruddy nursemaid.

So why are blokes such wussies about it.

Anyone here bottled the hospital and can explain it to me?
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:26
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Either that or on the first visit they removed his 'man-gland' so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Apart from when I was born, I've NEVER been in hospital except for visiting other people. That would explain why I'm such a MAN.

Or blow your theory wide open, whichever way is good.
Tue 24/06/03 at 15:35
Regular
"  "
I suppose she could be right in once snes; If you don't go to hospital you're not a man, as men do things to hurt themselves which means they need to go to hospital. Women? Hardly going to break your wrist washing up now, are you dear?
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:11
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh yes - falling out of a shower in a drunken stupor and falling off the bottom rung of a stepladder are so manly.

While I will not break a wrist washing up I have broken a nail - does that count?
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
You jinwed that post. I broke a nail while I was reading it. True story.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My mum fell down the stairs and broke her arm carrying the washing

Poor mum
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:39
"Darth Vader 3442321"
When I were a wee nipper I threw a strop the day I awoke and discovered a do not feed for 24 hours sign above by bed.

I wouldn't have minded but I wasn't even in hospital.

Actually I was. They peformed the operation and when I awoke I demanded my breakfast although it was now about 8pm and I still couldn't be fed anyway. To cut a long story short I ended up in a wheelchair for two weeks and took great delight in doing wheelies and the fact I needed a nurse to bath me.

Even though she saw my winky.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:42
Regular
"  "
Ineedsleep wrote:
> While I will not break a wrist washing up I have broken a nail - does
> that count?

No, sorry. :)
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:44
Men have more pride, and are in a position to show that they are members of the human race that are in power. Failure to do so may result in a lack of authority in the future, as a result of presenting their "vulnerable" side to the public and more importantly, those that now him.
Tue 24/06/03 at 16:50
Regular
no offense but i find it VERY weird people are posting crap on a forum rather than watching Wimbledon!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.