GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are blokes wussy about going to hospital?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 13:41
Regular
C'mon people - give me a clue.

Boss - hurt his heel several weeks ago and hasn't stopped complaining to me since. Came in this morning limping badly as he played golf last night "only eleven holes". Ouch, ouch, moan, moan. "Can you fetch that file for me please, as I can barely walk?". So I ask him what the doctor / hospital have said and get told "I haven't been, I don't need to go".

Husband - fell out of shower (drunk) on Saturday. I gets home late evening to cries of "I've broke my ribs". Sunday morning I offered to take him to the hospital "no, it's all right, I don't need to go". So while he can still manage to go to work and the pub, where I am not present, this morning I got "I can't get the dog in the car - you'll have to do it".

Do you get the usual blue bruising if you break any ribs? cos I don't believe him.

So while I have not sympathy for either of them I've still turned into a ruddy nursemaid.

So why are blokes such wussies about it.

Anyone here bottled the hospital and can explain it to me?
Wed 25/06/03 at 12:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Rusedski isn't even British anyway.
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:43
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> Our tv in the kitchen is set for Wimbledon.
> I can't wait to see Henman win this year! He's so...oh, he's out.
> Rusedski! he's...oh, he's out.
>
> Ah balls, I'm going to watch the lady's games instead....nnngggggnnnnn

I found it amusing that the Thai girl who happened to be Britain's number one hope lost her first set 6-2 and withdrew from the game in the second set 4-0 down. I'm going to cheer on that 6"10" bloke who beat Hewitt. I want him to go on a rampage in the final and climb atop the umpire's chair clutching one of the ball girls in his giant fist; swatting circling Tornado Fighter-Bombers like irritating midges. Then as he finally succumbs to the missle assult he will lie on the hallowed turf of centre court, let out one final giant guff and scream "freedom!".

What did amuse me also was the commentatatatator saying "Yes theses Swedes do like to dress up in fancy dress to watch the game, it's become quite fashionable in the sporting world to do so....ah they're like noisy Vikings!......oh there's another Dutchman".
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:17
Regular
"8==="
Oh and you ARE all going to die.

Except me.

*skips off*
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:16
Regular
"8==="
Nobody wants to be reminded of their mortality.

Also it might be because it's the place you're wrenched from the womb and a bit of you is cut off! Early trauma.
Wed 25/06/03 at 11:08
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
The sagacious one wrote:

> Yeah I'm sure that all those people who are posting from work would
> prefer to watch the tennis but I think that their bosses may object.

Amen to that, plus I only get a TV licence at work for the world cup.
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Our tv in the kitchen is set for Wimbledon.
I can't wait to see Henman win this year! He's so...oh, he's out.
Rusedski! he's...oh, he's out.

Ah balls, I'm going to watch the lady's games instead....nnngggggnnnnn
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:11
"Darth Vader 3442321"
§niper wrote:
> no offense but i find it VERY weird people are posting crap on a forum
> rather than watching Wimbledon!

Yeah I'm sure that all those people who are posting from work would prefer to watch the tennis but I think that their bosses may object.
Tue 24/06/03 at 19:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
I hate hospitals.

They smell.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:37
Regular
They know me very well a tthe hospital, because I'm in the emergency room so often, I even have a special number I can dial so that they'll send an ambulance straight to my house, or wherever I am, depending if I'm at home or not.

Hospitals rule.

They get me out of school.
Which Rules.
Tue 24/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
§niper wrote:
> no offense but i find it VERY weird people are posting crap on a forum
> rather than watching Wimbledon!

Watching one screen is fine, but watching another is weird? Whatever you say, kids.

*cuckoo noise*

The bit about falling off the bottom rung of a stepladder made me laugh though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.