GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy the vampire slayer GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'.
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:28
Regular
Am I on my own when I say this game's an utter biatch, it's so difficult in places.

It's good, I'm enjoying it but a few more checkpoints and a more balanced dificulty curve would have been nice. I'm on the docks level on the bit where you have to fight that gay fish/mutant thingy, i've tried about 20 times to beat the thing but it always kills me, I'm low on energy by the time I reach and it kicks my ass everytime.

I'll stick with it though because I'm enjoying it, but how exactly they think fans of the TV programme (who are mainly teenage girls) are gonna get past this, i'll never know. Most of them will loose intrest after a few levels because it's a really unforgiving game.
Thu 03/07/03 at 23:25
Regular
"8==="
Chucking vampires into sunlight rocks!

I was very impressed with that bit.
Thu 03/07/03 at 23:16
Regular
I'm not a fan of the series, watched it a few times but not enough to understand what's going on. But in the game I get to smash Zombies heads off with brooms and cut vampires up with a funky blade thing.
Thu 03/07/03 at 22:10
Regular
I hear indiana jones is better and I was not so sure about the idea of that.

but the word buffy makes my skin crawl so I suppose thats the reason I wasn't keen
Thu 03/07/03 at 22:01
Regular
Wouldn't go that far but its good.
Thu 03/07/03 at 21:49
Regular
"everyone says it"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Am I on my own when I say this game's an utter biatch, it's so
> difficult in places.
>
>
> I'm still completely baffled as to why you'd want to purchase the game

Its one of the more enjoyable ones on the console.
Thu 03/07/03 at 20:53
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Am I on my own when I say this game's an utter biatch, it's so
> difficult in places.

I'm still completely baffled as to why you'd want to purchase the game
Thu 03/07/03 at 20:18
Regular
"8==="
Yes the docks suck. Flame them and use the special spin attacks against them. To be honest though, the docks levels made me go back and start on easy because I was sick of getting knocked into the water and immediately dying. If some demons dragged me under i'd be fine with it, but you just drown! Surely Buffy can swim!

That's the one bit in the game that really sucks if you ask me.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:48
Regular
Never had a problem with the camera but for the type of game that it is I can't see the point in putting an emphasis on navigating across thin planks etc. If it stayed as a solid 'beat em up' title and true to its roots it would have been better. Going to pick it up though just to play through again.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:46
Regular
Sounds like Castlevania on the N64. A cool game but some poor designing and rubbish camera angles. Also very, very hard.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:40
Regular
Can't say as I struggled too much in actual battles but it was more navigating through some of the more complicated environments without falling off and dying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.