GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy the vampire slayer GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'.
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:28
Regular
Am I on my own when I say this game's an utter biatch, it's so difficult in places.

It's good, I'm enjoying it but a few more checkpoints and a more balanced dificulty curve would have been nice. I'm on the docks level on the bit where you have to fight that gay fish/mutant thingy, i've tried about 20 times to beat the thing but it always kills me, I'm low on energy by the time I reach and it kicks my ass everytime.

I'll stick with it though because I'm enjoying it, but how exactly they think fans of the TV programme (who are mainly teenage girls) are gonna get past this, i'll never know. Most of them will loose intrest after a few levels because it's a really unforgiving game.
Thu 03/07/03 at 00:28
Regular
Am I on my own when I say this game's an utter biatch, it's so difficult in places.

It's good, I'm enjoying it but a few more checkpoints and a more balanced dificulty curve would have been nice. I'm on the docks level on the bit where you have to fight that gay fish/mutant thingy, i've tried about 20 times to beat the thing but it always kills me, I'm low on energy by the time I reach and it kicks my ass everytime.

I'll stick with it though because I'm enjoying it, but how exactly they think fans of the TV programme (who are mainly teenage girls) are gonna get past this, i'll never know. Most of them will loose intrest after a few levels because it's a really unforgiving game.
Thu 03/07/03 at 09:33
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I didn't think it was that hard, though some bits are stupidly designed.
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:35
Regular
I hate unforgiving games, but I do enjoy watching the series. Hm.. will probably give it a miss, anyway. If it ever goes cheap, though, I may well pick it up.
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:36
"I love yo... lamp."
Is £20 not cheap enough for you?
Thu 03/07/03 at 17:44
Regular
There are a lot of games I'd like over Buffy; so yes, in perspective, £20 is not cheap enough.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:34
Regular
I enjoyed Buffy. Don't know if I would play through it again but whilst it lasted I thought it was a great game.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
It is enjoyable yet very very hard.

I am going back through it at the moment with some cheats on. They rule!

:-D
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:37
Regular
The hardest bit is at the end when you have to go through the annoying 'maze' style area and every time you die you have to back to the start. Now that is VERY frustrating.
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The hardest bit is at the end when you have to go through the annoying
> 'maze' style area and every time you die you have to back to the
> start. Now that is VERY frustrating.

Yeap, and the randomness of the moves of the opponents. Sometimes you can stake them near straight away with some power, other times its just a bit too hard.

'And I ran.....'
Thu 03/07/03 at 19:40
Regular
Can't say as I struggled too much in actual battles but it was more navigating through some of the more complicated environments without falling off and dying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.