GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/03 at 12:16
Regular
Selling my PS2. Dont play it, only use it for DVDs.
PS2, 2 controllers, memory card, Vice City, Smackdown and a couple of others I dont remember...Tenchu 3 is one of them.
Anyone want it? Not for free, you melonhead.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
SOS is an interesting title. It's as ugly as a dog in most places, the controls are pretty dodgy and unresponsive and the voice acting is very weak, but it's quite compelling. It's mainly good because it's so original, the idea of being in a city that was slowly being destroyed by an earthquake is an interesting premise.
It works pretty well for the most part, though it is pretty flawed. A sequel set in a different city ironing out all the flaws would be nice.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's all Snuggly's fault. He lent me his Xbox and Gamecube (which I still have mwahaha), and it's difficult reverting back to the ways of the PS2. The DVD player is of no consequence because I don't use it.

Totoro, I too was looking forward to SOS, but I saw it round a mate's house (he didn't offer me a go, surprisingly) and it didn't seem as good as the screenshots I'd seen. Bit disappointed, actually.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:13
Regular
"That's right!"
GTA series is available on the PC (where it belongs) - boom, the PS2's mai drawing power doesn't work on me. SmackDown games are all I'm looking forward to, and that's just because I can hurt people on them.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It still comes down to money though. I'm considering getting an Xbox because most of the games I want are available on all 3 consoles - but Xbox guarantees better graphics, more powerful, etc. So by getting one console that supports all the games I want, it makes more financial sense. Not getting Xbox live though - that's a bit too much and I haven't got Broadband yet. The only games the PS2 has got going for it is GTA series, but I'm bored of them now - and the way things are going (Tony Hawks Underground, Jak & Daxter 2), most games will end up being the GTA format anyway.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
monkey_man wrote:
> my love for PS2 is waning.

Mine too (though I never really loved it in every sense of the word). I've only bought 2 games for it this year. SOS: The Final Escape which was nice and original, and the other was Gran Tursimo Conecept, but I only bought that because it was in a buy 2 for £30 deal and I didn't know what other game to get so I picked that up. The last game I got before those two was the awful stinkfest that is The Getaway, I think that tripe affected the way I thought about my PS2 after that.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I can't be bothered with the PS2 right now either. A good game hasn't been released in months, and there's not much that promising the next few months down the line either.

The Gamecube has a selection of great games and I'll have trouble playing through them all due to time issues, and I'm tempted by Xbox Live, which would then eat away even more weeks/months.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:03
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, the GC is pretty good. I've now got a killer games collection for my GC - no word of a lie. I haven't got enough time to complete them all!
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I want to get an Xbox and a Gamecube.

Balls to my PS2 - all the games I want and currently salivate over are on other consoles. I think the PS2 is going to find itself outpowered and outgamed in the next year or so. Then Microsoft will clear up with the XBox2 and Halo2 and Half-life2 on the XBox2. And the Gamecube has practically no loading times and crisper graphics than PS2 - is it actually more powerful? I love XBox and Gamecube and my love for PS2 is waning.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Sorry Goatboy - I spoke to my mate and he said he's getting himself an Xbox. Fair enough, I suppose.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I enjoyed it, still fire it up from time to time.
2 player is excellent and the single-player movie-mode is good fun as well.
Better than Knockout Kings or Victory Boxing, and certainly better than those godawful UFC games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.