GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why Metal Gear 2 is delayed"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/10/01 at 12:06
Regular
before you all get too impatient i have news which will make you glad it's delayed.
There were some scenes involving the world trade center so they have to be cut for obvious reasons
So there is a good reason, and we should respect it
Sat 13/10/01 at 18:23
They also have the game down for a November 13th release. Dont worry, i'll check it later and get back to everyone.
Sat 13/10/01 at 18:19
The MGS2 trailer was on show at the Tokyo Game Show and it shows that this game is going to be very, very good.
The Konami booth featured both a new trailer and an expanded demo. The playable demo let you continue after Olga's death, into areas seen in earlier trailers but never played. That includes the deeper holds, where Snake showed off his ledge-hanging ability in the first trailer, and other parts of the ship's deck, including a mast you could climb to the crow's nest. It was hard to keep eyes on the game proper, though, when the blistering new trailer was running right next door. This trailer is much more character-focused than the earlier movies, and showed off a surprisingly small amount of Snake himself. He only appears a couple of times, in more amazing water shots, including one where we see him in his scuba gear, and showdowns with the bad guys (he'll wield an M-16 as well as the old FAMAS, it looks like). For the most part, we got a closer look at the Sons of Liberty and Snake's other foes. The cast of characters seems to shake out like this:

Ema -- That's a guess at her name, since she only shows up briefly and has no evident connection to the other characters. She's a young girl, shown slumped up against a wall.

Birdman/Woman? -- Why is there a parrot in the new trailer? Seriously, there's a parrot. We see it alone, in a cage, and being petted by a figure in a shirt, pants, and what looks like a short lab coat. Whoever it is, they seem to be bleeding. They also look enough like Otacon that it might just be an odd shot throwing off our identification.

Fortune -- Fortune is now clearly allied with the "vampire" we met in the E3 2001 trailer. She gets a very disturbing moment in the new trailer, where we see her walking through what looks like a crowd of maggots on the floor.

Vampire -- Speaking of whom, he speaks, although we sadly can't parse his Japanese dialogue when he's arguing with Fortune. He can also walk on water, it looks like, since in one scene he pirouettes calmly over a still pool.

Olga -- Okay, is she dead or not? In the new screenshots and trailer, there's a shot of Ms. Gurlukovich looking very self-satisfied, her arms folded in Russian forest camouflage fatigues (rather than the tank top and parachute pants we usually see her in).

Raiden -- That's just a guess at the name, dating back to the rumors about the toy line. I'm referring to the gent in the spiky ninja-looking armor with the long sword who we saw briefly in the E3 trailer. Now we see him more clearly -- he's throwing down with Snake in a circular, arena-like room.

Ninja -- Still don't know who he is. He is, however, still the man. The Gray Fox connection is looking more interesting now, though, because the new trailer features the Ninja dueling his old foe Revolver Ocelot. Revolver pops off three shots, not near enough to get past the Ninja's lightning-quick sword.

Revolver Ocelot -- And on the subject of Revolver, as always, he does a little show-stealing in the new trailer. We don't know who he's shooting at, since the camera looks at him head-on, but there 's a great scene where he hurls his duster off and sends three quick shots through it towards a target. He also nearly concludes the trailer, with a brief line right after the credits appear, as he drops his gun to the deck.

Solidus Snake -- The best for last. The final silhouette in the McFarlane Toys collection is revealed. This gentleman, in heavy combat armor with a pair of large projections/hoses coming off the back, can't help but be the third clone of Big Boss. He looks the part to a tee, with his eyepatch (on the left eye), superb weapons skills, and hard-eyed gaze. He gets two scenes. In one, what appears to be a showdown with Fortune, he spins a Belgian FN submachinegun the way Ocelot twirls his Colts, winding up right on target (but does he hit her? We'll see...). He also closes the trailer, where we see him behind a wall of fire, sheathing a sword.

This new information was found on the IGN website with some exclusive screens and vidoes, check it out.

The game is looking great and sounds awesome.
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:28
I said February earlier, but then others came and said different. I always knew it would be February.
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:26
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Thank you Rhys!

Its not being released this year in UK.We are looking at the february release date
Sat 13/10/01 at 17:13
Smackdown 2 WAS the fastest selling game.

One question, can someone tell me if MGS2 is being released this year or not?
Sat 13/10/01 at 16:50
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Im still unsure, i want it for the Multiplayer part, but im unsure.

Will end up getting it though.
Sat 13/10/01 at 16:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I think most of us are buying SD3 even those who dont like wrestling...
Sat 13/10/01 at 16:39
Regular
I remeber how it felt like to be the only guy in my year group who owned a playstation and not owning a copy (of SD2) so I decided to get one.
Sat 13/10/01 at 16:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I dont think its the fastest selling game ever, one of the FF or Zelda is.
Sat 13/10/01 at 16:35
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Fastest selling game ever according to OPM2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.