GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, PS2 or GAMECUBE?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
Yo everybody.

Amongst all the new consoles due to be released I'm sure that PS2 will still be on top. I mean come on Playstation totally rules this era of gaming. Although most people seem to think that Bill Gates new system (the Xbox) is going to be the best console when it arrives, I disagree.

Its just like saying that Bruce Lee isn't still the best Martial Artist to date. Of course he is!!! He may be resting in peace, but he's still the master of Martial Arts, even though Jackie Chan and Jet Li are around. This is the same case with the Playstation2. Even though these two admittingly, beautiful consoles are on their way I think that the PS2 is going to be the Bruce Lee of gaming.

When the playstation came out it set the standard of a good games console and practically everybody wanted one. It came with a beautiful pad that fitted right into your palm comfortably and a managable memory card. FANTASTIC!!! At that time it had great graphics compared to the square graphics of the Sega Saturn and the cartoon graphics of the Snes and the best pad too. This is exactly what the PS2 is doing. It has set a higher standard of games consoles, but this time its going to be much difficult to beat due to its great, exciting games and gameplay.

Okay, the Xbox is appearing to be a revolutionary console I do admit, but can its gameplay stand up to that of the PS2? I don't think so! Its releasing such great games as Dead or Alive 3 and Tony Hawks 3. And on what console did these original games appear on first, Oh, its the Playstation. The graphics of the Xbox is better than that of the Playstation2, but not by far. PS2 games still deliver revolutionary graphics making for better, realistic games.

Not missing out the Nintendo Gamecube, I must mention that this too is shaping up to be a scorching console and a definite contender to the PS2. Unlike Microsoft, Nintendo are very experienced in gaming because they have created previous consoles and by now they will know the needs and wants of gamers. With such fun and successful games as the Mario series and its record for great games, the Gamecube is certainly going to give the PS2 a run for its money.

But still, the Playstation2 is surely going to stay strong in the excellent and very competitive games industry.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:21
Regular
Lord Semajal wrote:
> Gamecube does rule and im gonna go up to londona and wait ouside HMV all night
> to get GC first.

Im gonna just reserve mine at a local games shop, seems a lot easier.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:23
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Lord Semajal wrote:
> Shocktrooper wrote:
> Lol.

Go for the Gamecube mate, it's the best
> console for games.

Go for the
> PS2 if you want good games and a DVD
> player.

Go for the X-box if you are
> insane, gullable to the hype
> surrounding it, and if you are sad enough to go for
> graphics over
> gameplay.

Shocky.

GC is the BEST console.

I agree aboht the Xbox
> though.

DEATH TO MICROSOFT

Lol.

I agree, the Gamecube will be the best console, and the X-box will be the worst for many uncountable reasons.

Shocky - get Gamecube from Special Reserve, me thinks.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:37
Regular
A slightly biased topic but not bad as they go.

The PS2 is a good machine but not quite the godsend you made it out to be.

It does have strong potential but devellopers are finding it hard to make games for.

However, after a year, its finally got a fair few decent games and a nice price cut so it's a worthwhile buy.

The Xbox isn't quite as dead as you made out. There's plenty of people who don't think much of the PS2 and don't really want a Gamecube so are plumbing for the Xbox (Fantasy Meister for example).
And that's just the hardcore gaming group.

My recommendations?

I suppose the PS2 is great as an all round machine with a large library of games (although the quality varies a lot) and fair amount of extra features such as DVD, a hard drive and internet.

It's also the only machine you can buy here and now.

The Gamecube is by far the best multiplayer machine and very strong in the quality of games department.
4 pad ports and a host of killer multiplayer games to go with it as well as internet play too.

It also has a host of great single player games, and while it doesn't have as nearly as many games as the PS2 does, the games are generally of a better quality.

The Xbox comes with extreme power, also fairly good in multiplayer and probably the strongest when it comes to internet and online gaming (microsoft and the msn gaming zone...)

It also has the DVD and standard extras.
Basically a beefed up PS2 which is worth the extra if you can be bothered to get it.

Personally, I'll be going for the Gamecube.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:41
Hmmm, tough question. Xbox, Gamecube or PS2? Which one? Well, I already have a PS2, and has kept me entertained for the past year or so. So, that leaves the Xbox or Gamecube? How about both. I mean, they all have some quality games coming out on them.
I won't go into detail because I am going to do my own topic in the near future.
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:43
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I won't be getting an X-box because I have a PS2 already.

I also will be getting a Gamecube, because PS2 hasn't really suceeded in satisfying my gaming needs just as yet, and the only time I can remember enjoying myself so much in multiplayer and single player was with the N64. So I am confident in the Gamecube being as sucessful.

Hurrah for Nintendo!
Fri 05/10/01 at 22:50
Regular
Super Gohan wrote:
> Hmmm, tough question. Xbox, Gamecube or PS2? Which one? Well, I already have a
> PS2, and has kept me entertained for the past year or so. So, that leaves the
> Xbox or Gamecube? How about both. I mean, they all have some quality games
> coming out on them.
I won't go into detail because I am going to do my own
> topic in the near future.

Well one thng is certain.
Because Xbox and PS2 is so similar, if you're getting a second console, it would have to be the Gamecube.

The Gamecube fills in the gap that these two big consoles leave.
Fri 05/10/01 at 23:06
Super Gohan wrote:
> Hmmm, tough question. Xbox, Gamecube or PS2? Which one? Well, I already have a
> PS2, and has kept me entertained for the past year or so. So, that leaves the
> Xbox or Gamecube? How about both. I mean, they all have some quality games
> coming out on them.
I won't go into detail because I am going to do my own
> topic in the near future.

Got two words for you:
Game cube

PS:Its looking bad for the Earth.
Sat 06/10/01 at 06:54
Regular
""
I'm getting a Gamecube! When It's xmas I will save up my money, then when April comes and it's my 14th birthday I will get it as a birtday present! I will pay towards it all my x-mas money and all my b'day money I get!!

B0p
Sat 06/10/01 at 07:56
So Im getting it to.
Sat 06/10/01 at 07:59
Regular
""
It's gonna be wicked isn't it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.