GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Megadrive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/07/03 at 15:35
Regular
Well I asked for the forum (or as it happens, name change) and it went ahead, so here I am.

The Megadrive.

Brill i'n't it? I still play mine fairly often - all the classic games like Mega Bomberman, Probotector, Fifas, Street Racer etc.

So to start this topic off, who had or has played the absolute gem, Michael Jackson's Moonwalker?
Tue 09/09/03 at 08:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I remember reading it in a mag somewhere.

I must have about 60 games for my Megadrive. A few months ago I went mad and pruchased all the old classics. Some guy sold me 45 games for £30...
Tue 09/09/03 at 08:38
Regular
"\\"
Funny though.
Mon 08/09/03 at 21:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, I only found that out a few months ago. I was shocked.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
let us not forget that the megadrive gave us one of the best "underground" catchphrases ever....

from the HIDEOUSLY translated intro to Zero Wing:
"all your base are belong to us!"
Sun 07/09/03 at 15:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Zero Tolerance was so long, and a lot of the levels were pretty much the same. But I liked the way you had about five different people instead of five lives, then when you died it said "Deceased" over that person's badge.
Tue 02/09/03 at 21:30
Regular
the megadrive ruled, i used to have loads of games including......

all the sonics
all 3 SOR
lemmings
cannon fodder
zero tollerance
jungle strike
desert strike
alien storms 1,2,3
and such forth
Tue 02/09/03 at 16:53
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Moonwalker was the First game my parents brought me.

From Toys R Us for 44.99!
Mon 01/09/03 at 14:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
megadrive was great...
mine's packed away now but i have pretty much every game released for it on emulators (stealing is wrong kids :) ) and i'm about to get the sonic collection for the gamecube :)

toejam and earl ruled all...
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:45
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
My megadrive won't work anymore :(

I will have to hit it harder next time and see if that works. The good thing about the megadrive is it has some quality games that challenge your abilities as a gamer.

How I enjoyed the old days but games today are very good, but you do get some stinkers some times.
Sat 16/08/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Remember me?"
*scoffs*

Moonwalker was balls.

*scoffs some more*

Yeah, but the MegaDrive rawks. Still got mine, though I don't play on it as often as I should.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.