GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I was to support a religion.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/10 at 15:27
Regular
It would be Einsteinian Deism

Pretty apt description of our actual knowledge of God, and how I'd express any feelings of the metaphysical I've ever experienced (admittedly, not many. I think "that's beautiful" not "God be praised")

Take a look anyway!
Fri 23/04/10 at 21:48
Regular
It just seems that Agnosticism in general, and all schools of thought associated with it, represent the fact you haven't completely made up your mind on the matter - ie you're still sitting on the fence

So, I mean that's fine if you're intending to stay there and have an argument to back it up (in terms of theology that makes you think there would be a God, while there's also powerful counter-arguments as to why there wouldn't be). It just seems in this position the burden is on you to explain to anyone who wants to know why you have this position - both in terms of your grounds for feeling there may be a God, and also your grounds for feeling that there isn't one

As it is, you do admit it's more because you're unsure than anything else, and I'm only really pushing it because I don't believe someone can be an Agnostic of any kind into their mid-late twenties and beyond unless they've recently abandoned religion, have recently moved towards religion, haven't considered it enough to actually make up their mind or have a good argument for why they've taken that position

Not, of course, that they have to justify their point of view to me - I mean it more in the interests of debate and intelligent reasoning
Fri 23/04/10 at 21:34
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well I don't believe in a god. But I can't discount as to wether there is one or not. Agnostic Atheism is exactly that. To be unsure about religion is only natural of course. I have many reasons to be unsure and uncertain about the existence of a greater being. At first, I was a Christian, but over the last year or two, through contemplation, I didn't seem to get anything from the Christian Faith. So I decided to be undecided.

And in essence, it's a very similar idea to Agnostic Theism.
Fri 23/04/10 at 20:53
Regular
Isn't that essentially like being an Agnostic Theist though?
ie it's fairly mutually exclusive

I understand that it's likely to mean you're unsure about whether or not God exists, more towards the not believing side, however, I don't like Agnosticism in general unless someone has a valid argument for why they have that position

"I don't know" or "I don't really agree with either side" not really being answers of sufficient depth for such a question
Fri 23/04/10 at 19:01
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm personally an Agnostic Atheist.
Fri 23/04/10 at 15:45
"possibly impossible"
Agree with most of what Einstein said really, not a humanist, but not deeply religious in the organised sense, yet you could see he was 'religious' in his attitudes.

Particularly agree with:

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Fri 23/04/10 at 15:27
Regular
It would be Einsteinian Deism

Pretty apt description of our actual knowledge of God, and how I'd express any feelings of the metaphysical I've ever experienced (admittedly, not many. I think "that's beautiful" not "God be praised")

Take a look anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.