GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another 'Who should I vote for?' thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/10 at 12:16
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This time from the Telegraph.

LINKY

Always interesting seeing these things as, should I choose to vote, my support is still fairly split.

According to this I'm all about Conservatives and UKIP with a (un)healthy chunk of BNP thrown in for good measure. Can't say I've decided who I'm voting for yet, but it killed some time and gave me an idea where I stand compared to the parties.
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
You've essentially summed up my thoughts on the whole matter tnc, and am likely to vote the same way as you (we have a local UKIP member). Obviously no party is going to appeal to all of my ideals, however UKIP is closer than the rest although their stance on the EU is a little silly (as tnc says allegiance with the West is pretty much essential in the modern era) plus, from reading their manifesto, they are completely against things like wind farms and, whilst I agree climate change is a natural occurrence and the 'man-made' aspect of it is greatly over-hyped, being an intelligent, logical individual I cannot support such a notion as 'renewable energy' is something we are likely to rely on more and more in the coming decades due to the finite nature of fossil fuels..

Saying that though, my mind will most probably flip-flop between different parties up until the day (going to the pub before is unlikely to help matters). Not that it will make much difference, we're heading for a hung parliament anyway.
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:25
Regular
I feel this is another strength of UKIP, without trying to preach, the fact they advocate "policies not politicians" and putting professionals into posts in health, science and the economy, rather than politicians

And to address the rest of the post, I do think a balanced, hung, parliament would be a good idea at this current time, rather than having a Tory or Lib Dem government

However, I'm not entirely in agreement with Salmond's party (the SNP) over their fundamental issue of existence - Scottish independence. Although Scotland is already seperate from the UK in many ways, to break away completely would massively take away from the power of the UK as a union of several countries, considering the size and economic weight of Scotland

Only plus side, I could apply for a Scottish passport
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:22
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I want a balanced parliament as SNP leader Alex Salmond said this week. At least with a so called hung parliament everyone gets a say and no one has an overwhelming power of majority.

That said I would like to see politics greatly reformed world wide. For one thing, why don't we have experts running various parts of the government instead of career politicians?

Surely one of Britain's best economists should be up for Chancellor of the Exchequer, not a politician. Same goes for business ministers, science ministers, school ministers.. IMHO experts should be put in power, not trained politicians who know very little about this stuff.

On Newsnight last night Lord Adonis admitted to Jeremy Paxman that he (Adonis) knew as much about the Volcanic ashes science as Paxman did, yet he is in charge of making policies on safe air travel. Surely scientists should be making the legislature rather than politicians who know nothing?
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:12
Regular
I haven't used it, but I'll be voting for UKIP, I'm almost certain

Although I was all up for voting Lib Dem, perhaps towards a hung parliament, with it supposedly being the year that those that would vote for them but didn't actually would, things like Clegg's response to Trident put me off

And I much prefer UKIP's policies to those of, say, the Conservatives. Foreign policy - ie re-establishing commonwealth links, restoring EFA instead of paying £16.8bn to the EU, alliance with the West make sense.. while domestic policy also seems fairly strong, all be it with the slightly controversial wish to actually punish extremist religious fundamentalists who promote this fundamentalism. Which, in my book at least, isn't exactly awful

I realise they don't have a chance of getting in, they physically can't after all, what with not having enough candidates, but even seats in the HoC and their opinion mattering would be a start

Plus I just can't vote Labservative any more! Or at least, not for this election
Wed 21/04/10 at 12:29
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
62% UKIP for me - wasn't really considering voting UKIP at all which doesn't help.

Though I do like things that make my mind up for me....
Wed 21/04/10 at 12:16
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This time from the Telegraph.

LINKY

Always interesting seeing these things as, should I choose to vote, my support is still fairly split.

According to this I'm all about Conservatives and UKIP with a (un)healthy chunk of BNP thrown in for good measure. Can't say I've decided who I'm voting for yet, but it killed some time and gave me an idea where I stand compared to the parties.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.