GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Been missing Rare ? if so this Perfect Dark Zero news will cheer you up"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
News: Perfect Dark Zero Far Far Away

One of the biggest reasons why Rareware fans brought Xboxs has gone down the drain.
When it was first announced that Rareware had been sold to Microsoft fans were shocked in large. Many hardcore Rareware fans brought an Xbox to get all of Rareware's new games.

One game that really had people excited was the then unseen Perfect Dark Zero. Fans even went to such lengths as to buy an Xbox for the game.

A video featuring Joanna Dark in a more anime look was shown last year and fans have been eagerly waiting for news since, and today they have had some bad news.

It seems one of the most anticipated games for the Xbox wont in fact come out on the Xbox. It has a release year of 2006, and will appear on Microsoft's next console.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:36
Regular
I am gutted to hear that sales will be affected I really am. Maybe Halo 2, Half Life 2, Operation Flashpoint XB, Counter Strike XB, Swat: Global Strike, Doom 3, XIII and Deus EX 2 might make up for one game :) The GTA Double Pack will take the place of it nicely in terms of sales.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:33
Regular
But considering I was going to buy a 'box when PD0 comes out it does potentially damage sales.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:31
Regular
No.

I don't get invloved with finances so what Microsoft do with their money is up to them. Its hardly set them back in anyway shape of form that means they haven't been able to support the Xbox else where.

The finest FPS games in the history of gaming are due out within the next 9 months. Coupled with Xbox LIVE I think I can survive without a game I was never interested in first time around.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:28
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Where did they bring their Xbox's from?
>
> I don't know how I will cope now with only 3 consoles to support and
> Xbox LIVE. This is terrible news.
>
> *Turns sarcasm meter off*

Why wasn't it working.

I just think it's bad that since X-box bought Rare, Rare are still developing Nintendo games.

By chance do you think PD0 will appear on the PC?
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:25
Regular
Where did they bring their Xbox's from?

I don't know how I will cope now with only 3 consoles to support and Xbox LIVE. This is terrible news.

*Turns sarcasm meter off*
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:16
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Microsoft really aren't getting their money's worth from Rare, and it
> doesn't look like this is going to change until at least next year at
> some point.
>
> Nintendo's owners must be sitting in their offices, smiling smugly at
> the fact they bundled of a company that produces about one game every
> two years for such a significant sum of money.

Actually that is not true... in the last year Rare have released 3 games... one is of course Starfox Adventures... the other... Donkey Kong Country on the GBA... and the third? Banjo Kazooie: Gruntilda's revenge for the GBA...

Yep it certainly does look like Nintendo are sitting smuggly... since their sale last year RARE have only released games for Nintendo :P
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:55
Regular
What is likely is that Perfect Dark Zero WILL be released on Xbox - just before production of the console finally ends - chances are the next Microsoft console will be backwards compatable (as will Nintendo's next - hopefully) and so it wont actually be obsolete.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:18
Regular
I thought it was going to be caned or something.

All this means i that, when it's released, it'll be a lot better as it'll be on a better console.

BAH.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:15
Regular
Good old Rare and their urine extracting release dates.

Ahhhh well, I guess I'll just have to put up with Halo 2, Halflife 2, Doom 3 amongst other while I wait.

It better be worth the wait.
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:47
Regular
"8==="
Thought that might happen.

Read it on IGN or something about a week ago.

*Pins hopes on XIII*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.