GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
CVG interviewing id CEO Todd Hollenshead:

'How about the Xbox version?

Hollenshead: We're literally in the early stages of getting the technology up and running on the Xbox. The Xbox is completely within the specs of what the target for Doom III technology is.

You'll be seeing a lot of unique textures that literally make the world just the way you might imagine if Hell really had erupted on a spacestation.

What about a PS2 version?

Hollenshead: Frankly, the PS2 couldn't do the math calculations for the geometry acceleration, real time shadows and light. GameCube is the same thing, no version planned.'

I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:15
Regular
CVG interviewing id CEO Todd Hollenshead:

'How about the Xbox version?

Hollenshead: We're literally in the early stages of getting the technology up and running on the Xbox. The Xbox is completely within the specs of what the target for Doom III technology is.

You'll be seeing a lot of unique textures that literally make the world just the way you might imagine if Hell really had erupted on a spacestation.

What about a PS2 version?

Hollenshead: Frankly, the PS2 couldn't do the math calculations for the geometry acceleration, real time shadows and light. GameCube is the same thing, no version planned.'

I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What, that XBox is capable of things the Cube isn't?

Wow.

Like we weren't being told that for about a year anyway. Doom 3, to be honest, looks to offer nothing more than astounding graphics over Doom II. They said that the gameplay was not advancing much, except for less, more scary bad guys. Yay.

Still, I'm sure it'll be good.

But to be honest, I'd rather play a Nintendo game. Which the XBox can't do.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:32
Regular
A pretty predictable reply, but predictable is not always bad.

Personally, I couldn't care less which console is most powerful - I have all 3, but that doesn't alter the fact that fanboys who talk out of their ring-piece p!ss me off.

If Doom 3 was to be appearing on GC they'd all be creaming in their pants, but as it is, it's 'nothing special'.

;o)
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:16
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Why did you post this in the PS2 and GC forums?

Wouldn't 'chat' be more efficent
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:20
Regular
Pyonth wrote:
> Why did you post this in the PS2 and GC forums?
>
> Wouldn't 'chat' be more efficent

Nah, If you post in chat you get about 3 replies to the original topic and the rest is just spam spam spam!!
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Gar-J wrote:
> I hope that's enough to silence the moronic fanboys?

I laughed. So much.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, if it was out on GC, I would still be bored with it. I read in PC Gamer or some such that it isn't advancing gameplay much. Or something.

Meh.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
Thats good though because with Killzone, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Deus EX 2, Operation Flashpoint XB etc there will be enough FPS variation. This will just be a pure FPS in every sense and I can't wait.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'll be playing it on my PC where I can have a HIGHER RESOLUTION and HIGHER FRAME RATES because my PC is INCREDIBLY POWERFUL, more powerful than your puny PS2s, GCs or Xboxes.

I hope the fact that it's MORE POWERFUL AND CAN DO BETTER STUFF is enough to silence you MORONIC FANBOYS etc.

Does the person who posted it even realise how intensely hypocritical he is?
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I don't think of Deus Ex as a FPS.

Probably because I disliked it muchly, except for smacking people with crude instruments I randomly found. The combat wasn't honed enough really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.