GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA upgrades confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Fri 10/10/03 at 05:46
Regular
"8==="
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/454/454117p1.html

Summary:

*Better sound
*Better graphics
*Custom soundtracks
Sat 11/10/03 at 00:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Tilta raises a good point about the harddrive. When it is used as extra memory like I believe it was in Halo, then the game runs faster as a hard disk is much quicker than a DVD for reading from. Halo had huge levels and would load bits as you went through the level.

If other developers did that most games would flow a bit better. Still, Xbox GTA should still be better even if they don't do that.
Sat 11/10/03 at 00:39
Regular
"How Handy."
I didnt find VC as good as GTA3 tbh, the original maps where so much better..
Fri 10/10/03 at 15:29
Regular
"8==="
I've never played GTA 3 or VC.

Mainly due to my dislike of the Playstation controller and the fact the GTA games were the only PS2 exclusives I wanted to play.
Fri 10/10/03 at 15:22
Regular
GTA3 was the only game I was playing on my PS2 when Xbox came out, so I sold the PS2 and bought an Xbox.

Neverplayed GTA:VC, so I think this double pack, for the price of one normal game, will definitely find a place in my collection...
Fri 10/10/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I just wonder how well this will sell.
Everyone on the planet seems to have already bought two copies of both GTA3 and Vice City, so I wonder how many there are left who haven't already played through them.
And if you have already played through them on the PS2/PC already, what's the point really?
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
And helicoptor's..

Anyone know whens its gonna be released?
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm getting it because the GTA games are the only reason I bought another PS2 after flogging it.
No real exclusives anymore to justify having both, when I haven't used mine as anything other than a DVD player for months now.

KOTR, GTA3+Vice City, Halo 2 etc etc
Lovely.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:39
Regular
I'll get it mainly for the soundtrack on Vice City, soopoib!

Oh and the motorbikes.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:37
Regular
Yeah its kind of a novelty really.

But i'll get it - 2 games for the price of 1 is a massive bargain.
Fri 10/10/03 at 12:32
Regular
Yeah....well kinda

GTA's fun at first, but I find it kinda repetetive once you get over the initial "yey I can steal cars shoot hookers"

Still, it's good to see PS2 loose one of its major exclusives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.