GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Punky alternativey sort of music!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/09/01 at 20:58
Regular
Anyone know any decent Punky bands, the reason I say punky is cause im not talking sex pistols sort of punk. Stuff like Greenday, Blink 182 preferably not sold out like the previous bands. I already listen too the following bands

Blink 182, Greenday, NOFX, Lit, Everclear,

Can anyone think of anymore? oh and I don't like the Offspring
Mon 17/09/01 at 12:23
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Oh yeah, and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are SO much fun. they even make 'Tomorrow', 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' and 'My Favourite Things' sound amazing.

Still not as good as Snuff for punk covers though.
Mon 17/09/01 at 12:22
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
The Vandals.

They are awesome. Get the latest LP which is melodic hardcare punk with great lyrics. Also, try At The Drive-In, The Ataris, The Descendants ('Hope' is the best punk-pop song ever!), NOFX, Gorilla Biscuits or Snuff.

Oh, and the Smoking Popes. Hard to find but brilliant.
Fri 14/09/01 at 22:31
Regular
Ive got Never mind the bollards, what a frickin good album that is.
Fri 14/09/01 at 21:47
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Okay. I used to be really into Punk. Pop Punk that is. So here it goes.

First off you have the blink 182 equivalent, Goldfinger. 'Here in your bedroom' (might be 'my' not 'your' can't remember) is an excellents song. They also did a cover of 'Just like Heaven' by the Cure...

Second you have the rock-pop-punk which avoids the aquired taste of blink humour. Best example is Weezer who are a damn fine band. Buy the Blue Album or download 'Say it ain't so' or 'Buddy Holly', two very very good songs.

If you like funny Punk covers buy a 'Me First and the Gimme Gimmes' album. They are a punk supergroup comprising of Nofx andother punk band members, and apparently hold the world record for most line-up changes. They do cover after classic cover even including Puff the Magic Dragon... timeless...

New Found Glory are a more refined Punk band featuring two guitars, a sight not seen in the current blink market. 'Hit or Miss' is a good place to start with them, but make sure you get the new version, it's been mixed far far better than the old one.

If you want a punk/emo band then go for Jimmy Eat World. They rock. My favourite band at present. Try getting 'Bleed American', it's brilliant. They are touring with Blink 182 and Alkaline Trio and Sum 41, two other bands you might like. For AT try 'Stupid Kid' and for Sum 41 get the superb 'Fat Lip'.

Buy a Less than Jake album because they are very cool.

Finally if you are a true punk fan get a Sex Pistols album or a Rancid album or an Amen album and revel in the Anarchy instead of all this poppy punk stuff!
Fri 14/09/01 at 19:32
You also have Red Hot Chillipeppers.
Fri 14/09/01 at 19:30
Check out Crazy Town, itīs maybe not Punk, but itīs still great!
Fri 14/09/01 at 19:18
Try The Levellers. Weed that Killed Elvis and Sold England are good.

BTW, how on earth can you not like the Offspring? :-)
Fri 14/09/01 at 14:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Check out Millencolin. Get the MP3 of Mr. Clean, thats a cool track.

Definately Smashmouth,and also Guano apes
Thu 13/09/01 at 23:01
Regular
Ive just downloaded a few MP3s of them and I must say im quite impressed with them all. That flavour of the week tune is frickin good
Thu 13/09/01 at 22:08
Regular
"Same as above^"
I don't know much about them but there best song i heard is flavour of the week, it's good, but some of the lyrics don't make any sense!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.