GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jak II - Renagade"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jak 2: renegade'.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:29
Regular
Mmmm not baaad

Similar to the first one, yet totally different at the same time.

Jak talks!!
Daxter swears!!
TIMMARGH!!!
They've ditched the 1st person view mode
The FMV clips are "lush"
I "borrowed" a zoomer from some dude.
Dark Jak....niiiiiice

I'm gonna go play more now.
Wed 22/10/03 at 00:34
"High polygon count"
Mystique wrote:
> Daxter swears!!

Aye. "Woah! Remind me not to pi$$ you off!"

> They've ditched the 1st person view mode

Err... have you clicked R3? :-)

Absolutely STORMING game! Loving every minute.

Any tips for the mission where you have to down the 5 yellow Krimzon Guard Hellcats? I keep dying. :-(

Roll on Ratchet & Clank 2, too!
Wed 22/10/03 at 09:08
Regular
Ah, more build-up. When I finally get home to take a look at this game, I think my expectations are going to be pretty high!

Also, Wookiee, what's the fivetenfifteentwenty thing? Is it a reference I'm totally missing, or is it because of the 20 character limit?

P.S. check your e-mail :D
Wed 22/10/03 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
It's purely cos of the 20-character limit, matey. One of those 'nice' but ultimately pointless coincidences that 'FiveTenFifteenTwenty' is exactly 20 characters! :-)

Anyhoo, I'm orf to check my e-mail...
Tue 28/10/03 at 13:02
Regular
"mini that is"
ive got the game but im wating for metal arms glitch in the system it look great
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:03
Regular
Hey ho Wooks. Its in the post. :D
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:24
Regular
Wookiee, don't know if you're still stuck but....

Collect maximum ammo for the gatling gun. Then find the hellcat cruisers, go up behind one and fire while in a vehicle, shoot until it blows up then go down to street level and get to the next one and do the same. It is much easier to get away from the krimson guard if you fly low.

If you want between each kill you hide and get the alert thing off, and you can stock up on more ammo, theres no time limit so...

If you go to the shooting range to collect the ammo, it will usually give you ammo you want in the boxes.

I've had this almost 2 weeks and I'm still enjoying it, I think I'm almost done though. Daxter's so funny in some places :D
Mon 03/11/03 at 21:07
Regular
Just got it today, and yeah im loving every minute of it. Like the way you have to zoom around the city to get to missions/levels in GTA style. Is it like that all the way through?
Wed 05/11/03 at 00:39
"High polygon count"
Woohoo! GAME COMPLETE!

Last level was a biatch, but there's a hell of a feeling when you complete it!

Now I've gotta find the rest of the 200 Precursor Orbs to unlock the other secrets...
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Hallelujah"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Woohoo! GAME COMPLETE!
>
> Last level was a biatch, but there's a hell of a feeling when you
> complete it!
>
> Now I've gotta find the rest of the 200 Precursor Orbs to unlock the
> other secrets...

Couple of questions,

How long did it last?
Was it worth it?
Daxter swears?
Is it acctually replay worthy?
Daxter swears?
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:28
"High polygon count"
Mr Pink wrote:
> How long did it last?

Who cares?! It's FUN FUN FUN all the way!

But if you must know... I've been playing it pretty much constantly since it was launched. There have been about three days I didn't play it at all, the rest were a minimum of around 5 hours. So around 9 days at 5 hours a day minimum - what's that, 45+ hours? Some parts took me a long time to do, so someone who's an outstanding platform gamer may do it in less. To be honest, it was so much fun that the whole experience seemed to fly by in a lot less time than it actually took. And, of course, I've completed the story, but I haven't completed the game - I still have most of the 'secrets' to unlock.

> Was it worth it?

Absolutely. One of the most fun games I've played in a long time. Daxter is hilarious. I want a stufed toy Daxter made available!

> Daxter swears?

Well, I personally wouldn't really call it swearing, but he does use words you can't use freely on these forums. One of the funniest lines comes at the end of the game's intro where he tells Jak "remind me not to p!ss you off!"

There's also a couple of "b@st@rds" in there too. There's no BBFC rating, but it is rated 12+ by http://www.pegi.info

> Is it acctually replay worthy?

Well, that's a personal thing really. Aside from about 8 secrets to unlock, I don't think there's that much to do after you finish the main game. You can go back to the shooting ranges to beat your high scores, or re-play MetalHeads Mash (think Whack-a-Mole). There may be more that I'm not aware of just yet. But it's just so much fun that I can certainly see myself playing it through again. I'm certain there are areas that I haven't seen yet.

> Daxter swears?

Oh yes! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.