GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Max Payne 2 : the Fall of Max Payne'.
Sat 18/10/03 at 18:41
Regular
Well the game is out on Friday and even though I won't be getting it, I know most of you will, so here is the thread to discuss the game. Have fun, oh and if a demo is released, please someone tell me :)
Wed 22/10/03 at 12:32
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
yeah . . moveable scenery, and also the death animations are a lot cooler.
The first guy you kill is excellent.
Tue 21/10/03 at 22:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> Lets just say someone I know has it and it's pretty damn sweet.
> Although it's a lot like the last one.
>
> But with better graphics and more destructable scenery.

Yeah the graphics are excellent. The scenery isnt really destructable apart from things like TVs. Boxes and things fall over but they dont break so not really destructable, more like moveable scenery :)
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:11
Regular
Woah! The sequel to Max Payne is like the original?! Well I never, what is the world coming to?

Its looking kick a*s despite the fact I am slightly disappointed by the apparent length. As for Cipro's 10 hour completion, it took me 1 hour 50 minutes on New York minute and I didn't beat the time set. Way too short.
Tue 21/10/03 at 20:05
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Lets just say someone I know has it and it's pretty damn sweet. Although it's a lot like the last one.

But with better graphics and more destructable scenery.
Mon 20/10/03 at 14:04
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Heh, typical.

Build it up, say how it's going to be "bigger, better, louder and longer than before" and then release the same thing you had last time, but with a modern engine.

Marketing genius.
Mon 20/10/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Reading the Gamespot review, and they're saying it's the same length as the original.
Which is odd, because the previews they did were saying how it was a lot longer.
Hmmmm...
Mon 20/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
I'll probably be trying a demo (if one comes out) before I make my decision.
Sun 19/10/03 at 12:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> though it supposed to be shorter than the original.
>
>
> Muh?!
>
> Not what I heard.

Some people who have already got the game say it only tok them 7 to 8 hours to complete, while the original took around 10 hours. Not that I'm bothered, I played through the original about 10 times anyway, so I'm sure I'll be re-playing MP2 just as much.
Sun 19/10/03 at 12:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
cipro wrote:
> though it supposed to be shorter than the original.

Muh?!

Not what I heard.
Sat 18/10/03 at 23:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Having been playing some of the game today, I can say that it is very good. Graphics are excellent and it seems like its going to be more of the same game play as the first game. If you like the first game then this is probably a must have game. If you hated the first game then this wont really be a game you should buy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.