GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scared To Death..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 19:51
Regular
At the moment, I am in a state of shock and fear right now. I am shocked from what happened to America and scared to death of what might happen to us. I live about a 2 hour drive from London and I have a suspiscion that somewhere in London will be hit next. Can someone just calm me down and tell me, As I safe? I am scared to death at the moment.
Tue 11/09/01 at 21:47
Regular
I'm not scared of death 'cos I know i'm gonna die. But I do wonder if this is the start of world war III!
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:44
You can never tell whats around the next corner, and living life for the day isn't what lifes about, life is waiting for the right moment, we shouldn't be rushed into a descision because a group of people want to kill some people. As most of the world wants to find out who did this, we can't expect any results for a few weeks, the groups hardly going to give up now, boffs are already planning their next moves.

It's a sad day and we had to find out the hard way, how the terrorists got through the customs I don't know, but hopefully somethings been done about it to reasure everyone.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
My mum's friends son's colleague was on the plane that went into the tade centre. If his mum wasn't sick, the son would have been on that glight too.

It's not right. We're slaughtering our own race, and for what? To make a point. The electric chair for these people wouldn't be enough. We should just throw them in jail and let God punish them. That'd be worse.

I know before I've denied the existence of God but at this moment it's the one thing that consoles me. The thought of the after-life for the innocent people who were killed in today's events. I hope their is a God, at this point in time I really hope there is... and what's more, I BELIEVE there is a God.

It's funny how an event like this can suddenly swing my view. But it can and has.

God bless everyone. I really mean that, God bless.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:41
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Damn straight. Carpe Dium, seize the day!
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:36
Regular
shaneo wrote:
Truly sorry mate. I didn't mean to depress anyone.

Don't worry about it.

As I said, I wasn't looking for sympathy, I meant to say that you hardly ever realise the benfit of your family until you move out or whatever.

When I was at school, I used to dream of moving out, of being away from my parents.

Then you do, and things are fun for a while.

Then some crap like this happnes and you realise what they mean to you. You may think you hate your brother or whatever, but it's when you don't know if a bomb has gone of at Liverpool St station, where your brother and father both travel home from, that you realise what they mean to you.

Don't waste your time as a kid, your parents mean a lot to you, even if you don't want to admit it now.

It takes something like this to really bring it home what people mean to you.

Don't waste this opportunity.

As Goatboy said in another thread, there are people that went to work today in the US, who maybe wanted to say sorry to someone, or to ask them out or whatever, and they probably kept putting it off and putting it off, and now they have no chance.

Don't put it off, phone them up now and tell them, tell them you're sorry, ask them out, whatever it is DO IT NOW.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:36
That was extremly warming Chris. Frogman (my best friend) was at that bulding 2 weeks ago. God bless everone who lives right now. Lay peacefully those who have passed away.

(:(
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:32
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Chris, that was beautiful. You're making me cry almost here.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
My dad was at that building on eyear ago. He withdrew money from the cash machine underneath it... I'm lost for words... and I'm crying again.

God bless all the people who were anywhere near it, god bless anyone who had family, god bless everyone who lost someone, god bless.

Rest in Piece all those that died.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:26
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Your Honour wrote:
> I'm not saying this to get sympathy, but at least you lot have your
> families.

I'm sitting here in this fudging flat by myself,
> wishing I was at home with my family and my mates.

Truly sorry mate. I didn't mean to depress anyone.
Tue 11/09/01 at 20:26
Regular
In response to Wookiees post earlier, but may make sense if used in response to RBS's a bit down the page:

I can see where Wookiee is coming from, I really can. This is my point of view on it.

We (as in the US, us and whoever else) should NOT just go and bomb the Arabs or whatever.

Ok, so they were cheering, when Arsenal beat Man U, I cheer. Not because I support Arsenal, but because I don't like Man U.

I know that example is a completely different context, but it's the best that I can think of while I'm still seeing picture of collapsing buildings and dieing people on the telly.

I agree that what happened today is horrific. I can sense a very little of what people in the US may think as I have a brother and a father who both work in London, and I was worried about them all afternoon until I manged to speak to them on the phone.

Blowing up whole country is not the answer to this.

Terroism is not one country, it's not one person, it's an idea. An idea that is kept alive by various leaders at various times.

If you kill the leader, another will his place, maybe tomorrow, maybe next month, maybe in 5 years time. Apart from that, you will also make a Martyr out of them. That will give the terrorists even greater cause. Make them believe they are doing right even more.

Everyone that kills believes that they are in the right. No one who kills ever thinks to themselves "I'm doing wrong here, but sod it, I'll do it anyway."

Everyone of the suicide pilots today would have thought they were doing right. They were working "For the good of the cause" or some pap like that.

The only way you can kill the idea of terrorism is to teach people to respect one another, to respect fellow humans (if that's what you can call us after todays display). Until people learn not to kill each other, then the idea of terrorism will prevail.

This situation needs to be handled very delicately. Yes, the US will find whoever is responsible. But I don't expect WW3 to occur along the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.