GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamers' Day 2003 is this Saturday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/11/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Held at Sony's top secret HQ in London. A select bunch of gamers and a few left overs are invited to spend a whole day playing the new releases for Christmas, getting stuffed with beer and pizza at Sony's expense, being taken out for a meal on Saturday night, 2 night's accomodation and all travel expenses paid.

Call me lucky, but this year they had a spare slot and I got an invite :)

If I could write the word 'Woot!' in 10-mile high letters I would be doing so right now. I'll let you all know what it was like when I get back on Sunday night.
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:53
Regular
Held at Sony's top secret HQ in London. A select bunch of gamers and a few left overs are invited to spend a whole day playing the new releases for Christmas, getting stuffed with beer and pizza at Sony's expense, being taken out for a meal on Saturday night, 2 night's accomodation and all travel expenses paid.

Call me lucky, but this year they had a spare slot and I got an invite :)

If I could write the word 'Woot!' in 10-mile high letters I would be doing so right now. I'll let you all know what it was like when I get back on Sunday night.
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:54
Can you bring a camera/camcorder?

If not, take some piccies with a spy one.
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:55
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Hey, good luck FM. I'm not very up-to-date with all the new releases, so what games are you hoping will be there?
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:57
Regular
Good idea on the camera, but I think they'll be posting all the piccies on the Sony website anyhow like they did last year.
Thu 06/11/03 at 21:59
Regular
ELJUICY wrote:
> Hey, good luck FM. I'm not very up-to-date with all the new releases,
> so what games are you hoping will be there?

I was so excited about getting an invite that I forgot lol! I'm actually more looking forward to meeting all the people who work at Sony. I think XIII, MOH:RS and NFS:Underground were all mentioned originally though.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:00
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
FM, can you tell me all about what you do for a job etc, as i'm not really sure. I know you betta tested SOCOM, but that's all i read about, so anything else you helped make a gem?
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:03
Regular
I'm a student and a gamer, that's really it. Yes, I'm also a beta tester for Sony along with a few thousand other gamers from all over Europe. I got in this year only because they had a vacancy and they thought my 2nd place entry in the compo they were running was a good reason to invite me (I think).

By the way, if you want to test games for Sony they're advertising in this month's OPSM2.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
No, i was just wondering whether you were one of the people from the site who had actually achieved their "dream" of working in the games industry. Got my GCSE's this year so i won't be playing that much on games, but maybe i'll try and be a beta tester in my AS levels year.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:10
Regular
ELJUICY wrote:
> No, i was just wondering whether you were one of the people from the
> site who had actually achieved their "dream" of working in
> the games industry.

LOL no! Not yet. Hence why I'm a student at the grand old age of 36. Doing an Access course this year, Degree in Software Engineering for the next 4 years, possibly a 1 year MSc after that, then maybe I'll apply to Sony for a job. And retire shortly thereafter.
Thu 06/11/03 at 22:13
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> LOL no! Not yet. Hence why I'm a student at the grand old age of
> 36. Doing an Access course this year, Degree in Software Engineering
> for the next 4 years, possibly a 1 year MSc after that, then maybe
> I'll apply to Sony for a job. And retire shortly thereafter.

I got lost after you said hence :D Anyways, i've seen you on SOCOM once, what games are you playing at the mo', and are you at home or at Bristol where you study? What compotition was this that you entered and were runner-up in to get to this thingy?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.