GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Magazines"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 09:03
Regular
What PS2 mag do you buy and why?
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:03
Regular
What PS2 mag do you buy and why?
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:45
Regular
"Cigar smoker"

None, I nick 'em :)

No seriously, none, I got bored of their stupid reviews so gave up ages ago, used to read Play alot though. Think I've probably bought the OPS2 mag a couple of times but that's about it.
Fri 07/11/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's the prices of them also, £5 or so for information you've already read on the web weeks before.
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:18
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Thats true, seeing as I've not bought any for ages I'd forgotten how much they cost :(
Fri 07/11/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
OPSM2 as it's the only mag with playable demos. Plus if you get a subscription you usually get it a few days before it hits the shops. Plus they run a lot of good competitions every month. Plus it's Future Publishing, who are known for their quality. Plus, the guys that write the reviews, despite getting a lot of kickbacks from publishers, really are unbiased about their opinions. You can tell this by listening to them sound off about the games they hate on the official Sony forums every week.

The only let downs recently were their Tomb Raider review (maybe they were reviewing the only working preview code in the world or something), and their Enter The Matrix review (they gave it more than 4/10).
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
None. I buy NGC. :-)
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Games TM - Like Edge before it got rubbish. And PC Pro, but that's not important here...
Fri 07/11/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I subscribe to NGC & GAMEStm, they're the only 2 I get each month.

However in Chelmsford (and many other markets) there is a magazine stand that sells "old" mags. 60p each or £1 if they have a cover disc, I got the October issue of Offical XBox Mag for a £1 instead of £6 and it only came out 6 weeks ago :)

If you time your visit well they usually have the magazines a couple of days after the are taken off the shelves. Bargain
Fri 07/11/03 at 18:10
See, now that is a good idea.
Fri 07/11/03 at 18:51
"period drama"
I'm subscribed to Play. But don't do that, because it sucks balls. Big hairy worringly lumpy balls that drip.

And I buy NGC most months, am getting a subsciption for Christmas. Perhaps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.