GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam increase to Freeola email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/03/10 at 15:16
"Are you sure?"
Sorry it's always me...;¬)

Any other Freeola users noticed an increase in SPAM recently?

We've just had a pretty good run of low levels of SPAM, but for the large range of domain/emails I look after I can see a recent increase.

If there's anything Freeola can check/update it would be appreciated.

Am I right in thinking SPAM email samples sent as attachments via Outlook are still no use to you?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/03/10 at 17:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just noticed the last few crap mails that have come through seem to have been sent to [email protected] and that's not my email address ? :S

Can forward a couple of them on if required.
Fri 12/03/10 at 17:36
"Are you sure?"
Hi pete_21,
As I mentioned earlier I'm seeing some dodgy Freeola account spoofing going on as well.

I've been sending examples to Freeola's abuse@ address.

Don't forward them but send them as attachments so that the 'email headers' remain intact.

@Freeola - any feedback would be welcomed...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/03/10 at 19:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi pete_21,
> As I mentioned earlier I'm seeing some dodgy Freeola account
> spoofing going on as well.
>
> I've been sending examples to Freeola's abuse@ address.
>
> Don't forward them but send them as attachments so that the
> 'email headers' remain intact.
>
> @Freeola - any feedback would be welcomed...
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

Hi Hmmm, have always seen this type of spoofing - your email address just seems to be a variant of many.

@pete

"Just noticed the last few crap mails that have come through seem to have been sent to [email protected] and that's not my email address ? :S"

...but your email address may begin with 'pet...' , but I do know what you mean - tonights haul promised me diplomas and a pitiful letter from some russian chick + photo:-((
Sat 13/03/10 at 09:11
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sent a few in guys.Hope they help ?.

One was from a Fannie Rivers.If I knew someone by that name I think I would have remembered them.
Sat 13/03/10 at 09:41
Regular
The Russian bride was spam ? Oh no! your breaking my heart! I thought that was a good deal. :-)

Digi

pete_21 wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
>
> I'm getting the usual manhood enhancements plus Rolex watches and
> now Russian brides......
>
> Nothing attracts Russian women more than a bloke with a fake
> Rolex watch and an enhanced manhood DL ! :)
Sat 13/03/10 at 13:37
Regular
Due to the current deluge of spam, I've now found (with the aid of Mailwasher) that a few of my (spoofed) email addresses have been marked by Spamcop. Lovely.

N.
Tue 16/03/10 at 08:59
"Are you sure?"
motomotomd wrote:
> We have had a few more reports of increases in spam mail received
> by some users, we have reported this to our server engineers, the
> investigations are ongoing...

Hi Freeola,
Any update on the SPAM situation please?

I have clients that are contacting me about this. I'm replying telling them you are aware of it and the problem is in hand and things will improve soon - hope that's right :¬)

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 16/03/10 at 11:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Hi Hmmm....

I appreciate that this issue is frustrating for all involved but I'm afraid I can only assure you that we are continuing to do whatever we can to investigate. I will ask ncrs to post any updates.

In the meantime, one of my addresses that was "effected" has seen a massive reduction in the quantity. Is this the case with any of your other accounts, or is the consistency still the same?
Tue 16/03/10 at 11:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt, You've been quiet lately?!
Still about the same here I'm afraid.

Sent another selection of SPAM to abuse@ earlier today.

Thanks for the update.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 16/03/10 at 11:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sorry mate, I've been really busy (on holiday) last week planning wedding stuff. And very ill since coming back, so just trying to get by. Things slipping by me easy... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.