GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello, I'm an idiot, please feel sorry for me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/08/01 at 09:55
Regular
Posh Spice goes out and gets a lip ring, hundred's of impressionable (stupid) girls run out and copy her.
Today, it is revealed the ring was a fake, a clip on and now "I hate her, she's a cow. I went out and did it and hers wasn't even real"

Altogether now people

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, this has brightened my day already.
Some 2nd rate pop singer sticks a pretend ring on her face (new single coming soon, I'm sure there's no connection) and loads of little sheep run out and copy her.

And now they are complaining?
The Sun is one of the funniest papers around, some of the quotes from "distressed fans"

"I feel stupid"
That's because you are, don't feel bad though, at least with metal through your face we can spot you.

Should've been through their noses though, that way we can tie ropes through and lead them out to graze.

Cattle
Fri 31/08/01 at 11:03
Just been reading your entries about Mc Jobs. My personal theory is that they should bring back National Service and instead of going into the army everyone should be forced to take a "service" job for a while. Shopwork, waitressing, call centres, cleaning etc. God knows I've done my fair share of them. Notables include
1) Head of the towel section at M&S. Eight hours of folding towels up that moron punters had pulled out to look at when they were already on display - offered promotion to the giddy heights of supervisor due to the unusual enthusiasm I carried this hideous task out with. Must have been artifical stimulants or going into a trance due to the sheer moronic nature of the work.
2) Worked in a bakery - sacked for taking advantage of the doughnuts on offer. Akin to putting Homer Simpson in charge of sweet snacks.
3)Cleaning - which I quite enjoyed as you are left alone, got high on bleach fumes and blasted music.
4)Call Centre for BT. Nobody rings BT to say Thanks for their Bill. Go figure how unpleasent this job was. Also every minute of time was monitored. If you wanted to go to the loo you had to "log off" on your terminal (allowed 3 mins max). I was the only person who thought logging off was funny. Call Centres are a latter day Victorian Sweatshop.
5)Clerical job in the City - lots of snotty public school Stockbrokers. Tim nice but Dim types.Hellish
6) Steward - one day at an Englan V W.Indies test match. My section was invaded by West Indian and England fans climbing over the fence, lighting huge reefers and enjoying Red Stripe. Solitary 17 year old girl in flourescent yellow jacket was hardly the person for crowd control in this section.Took off my jacket, joined in, got sacked and to this day don't understand cricket.

I could go on. Everyone who has ever had a "service" job will know just how downright rude, aggressive and unpleasent the general public can be. The jobs were not meaningul in themselves, they could have been bearable if Joe Public wasn't so ignorent.
Point is that I'm now sitting here posting to this forum whilst offically working from home. Its take a long time to get to a position where I am trusted to do my work and I get to do bits of work I like and am good at. A lot of it is still repetitive but its not a Mc Job. So Grix Thraves carry on sure in the knowledge the one day this will all be a memory. "Have a good day now" :)
Thu 30/08/01 at 18:02
Regular
"How Handy."
Anyone here listen to Chris Moyles??

He was really takin the mick out of this, it was classic.

Almost as funny as his beeping of Usher yesterday! That had me in tears!
Thu 30/08/01 at 15:51
"The pen is mightier"
Blummin` Hell!!!

I leave this thread a couple of days and what do i see...? Posh Spice, Moon landings, He-man and Fred Durst all making an appearence!

Is there anything else we might have missed on here? Dare i mention Star Trek...???? That should get a responce (lol!)

And to think it all started with a simple rant from the "Boy who would be Goat"....
Thu 30/08/01 at 14:54
Ha, I just thought it was really funny. I think Goatboy should work for the Sun seeing as he loves it so much.

Any way, I like some of the responses people have put in. good effort Great Britain. [The Nation of Arguements]

Did u know that per year Britain has more arguements than any country in Europe.

Shocking, but thanks Special Reserve for letting us channel our arguements for useful things such as discriminating people who idle Vikky Beck. And how crap 'posh spice' sings.

Luv too ya all!

Mark.
Thu 30/08/01 at 14:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My "Do you want to make that large" comment wasn't aimed at all service industry workers, god knows I've served in that Gulag before.

It was merely to highlight a future (and only) career path that lay before him.
Thu 30/08/01 at 14:35
Regular
I would just like to point out something... :0)

I believe Goatboy made fun of people who work behind outlets such as McDonalds below... I myself work in a outlet such as one in a theme park. I have to wear paper hats and smile when people refuse to pay for rubbery burgers.

Do I need the money? No. Did my parents refuse to let me live in the same house as them unless I get a job? No again.

Why?

Because you can never be amazingly high, unless you have been disgustingly low.
Wed 29/08/01 at 22:24
Regular
posh spice got her lip pierced?!!!*franticly runs to get lip done*
Wed 29/08/01 at 22:05
Regular
Yea, I heard about this in the car thismorning, my dad was laughing so much that he almost crashed the car.

:)
Wed 29/08/01 at 21:51
Regular
"not dead"
Goatboy wrote:
It seems these days, and that thing from the BBC
> highlights it, that people aren't interested in their kids mental or
> intellectualy well-being anymore.
Not all, calm down, I'm saying
> that some - if not a vast majority.
They drop the kids off at
> school "Please raise my children for me, I'll be back at 4 to
> pick them up"

Get them home, shove a burger in their face
> and let tv look after them until bedtime.
No involvement, no
> participation.
Which is where this argument about morons being
> influenced by tv comes into play.

because for a lot of kids,
> that's what they learn their social skills through. Nobody is
> teaching them what's what, so they get it from the tv.
A distorted,
> dangerous way to raise a kid.

Don't worry Goaty, there's not a day that goes by that I don't feel sorry for you. (just kidding!)

Anyway, being someone that has children, and mixes with other parents I feel I can comment on this particular part of the thread.

At the toddler group my wife goes to, we are the ONLY couple, out of around 10 or so others that eat at the same time as our daughter Malibu. When Georgia is old enough she too will eat with us.

As Malibu watched us eat from an early age, she can use a spoon and fork competently, and is rather clean, given her lack of co-ordination.

The other parents coplain that there children just don't know how to feed themsleves, but how are they going to, if the parents only eat when the kids are sleeping?

Kids will learn, if given the chance to.

Anyway, back to the stupidity subject, every single day I find something that really makes little sense to me, makes me scream "How can they be that stupid?" It must be a contagious disease, or something, really.

I mean at my building at work there is a sign that says "This fire hose is to be used for no purpose other than fire fighting" and there are signs above the taps in the sink that say "Caution hot water at hot temperatures"

The fact that some of us need telling is really quite worrying!
Wed 29/08/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Goatboy wrote:
Some 2nd
> rate pop singer sticks a pretend ring on her face

How dare you say that? How can you call her a 2nd rate pop star?!?!

That's an insult to all the other 2nd rate popstars out there - she's much worse than that! All the reasons you could possibly think of to hate a popstar are incarnated into juts a single person and that person is this 'thing'.

The lack of any writing/performing talent whatsoever, the braindead interviews, the obsession with being number 1 (to a degree I've never seen before), the constant public appearances. Was her maiden name Hamilton? Would she use a rape allegation to keep her in the public eye? Will she have another baby to get another photoshoot in 'Hello' magazine?

I love my pop when it's done well but this sort of 'promotion' work is just sad. To top it all off the song is just plain pants. If I hear a song and like it I will buy it. If I don't I won't.

If you thought Geri Halliwell was bad for this sort of thing....you ain't seen nothing yet.

Take former banmate Emma Bunton. I'm not a fan but she's got it right. She's in a relationship but doesn't purposely flaunt it in the media for publicity. She's also taken ages to release some solo stuff but that's because (and I know this to be true) she learned to play a guitar to a fashion so that she could be more involved with the writing of her album. She's also written lyrics for other aspiring pop bands (without them knowing). To top it all off she appeared at a summer festival type show in Hull over the weekend, run by a radio station a friend of mine works for, and he said everyone backstage were saying how genuinely lovely she was (OK so that's not important but I do think she seems nice ;-) ).

Here's a tip for anyone about to release a single: release it on the same day as one of VB's and point out to people that you're both releasing singles on the same day. That way a combination of the braindead tabloid media's front pages and your braindead rival's laughable publicity stunts will do all your advertising for you. Has anyone actually heard Kylie's new single? I haven't but all I know about it is it's out on the same day as Posh's and, for that reason alone, I feel a strange need to buy it.

I so hope it doesn't get to number one. I'm hoping it doesn't even beat the previous weeks number one.

In the top 100 Kids TV Shows HE-MAN came in at number 10. Fingers crossed and Skeletor may not even be able to match that.

;)

PS I hate her.

PPS Ditto

PPPS All of the above

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.