GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DRIVER 3 / HALO 2 / HALF LIFE 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Sat 03/01/04 at 11:39
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Man, does any one know what DRIVER 3 is going to be like?

And few weeks ago, hackers brole in and stole the first 4 levels of HALF LIFE 2 (for the pc version) and stole it!! I SWEAR down, I am ot lying.

Thats why the game has been delayed 5 months, due to rebuilding the first three missions!. And is HALO 2 really going to be DA BEST? It look very similar to HALO! But is it worth that £50???

Is DRIVER 3 the best driving game? Thats what MICROSOFT and official xboxmagazine has been saying for 4 MONTHS! They say its gonna rock, hey gaved it 9.6 I think it was out of 10 . If thats true, then this IS the best game.

Any one knows for sure?
Sun 04/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Rickoss wrote:
> Kernal wrote:
> You have no sense of games !
>
> Says Mr. I Love True Crime. I don't like any of those games because
> their prequels sucked, in my opinion.
>
> You saying True Crime is better than them is a lot more insulting.

Hey, I never said that! I said True Crime is not that bad, but fookin hell you cant compare it with any of those 3 games! What are u on about!!!

And well, if your half life 2 is crap, then you DONT have any sense of games. Only cause half life is crap, dont mean the second one have to be...
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
just a random thought...
do you remember them announcing team fortress 2 AGGGEEEESSSS AGO (back in 2000 i believe) and how it's never appeared....do you think that it might be part of the multiplayer in hl2 (that's why they've decided to split it into different packages??)

here's hoping!
Sun 04/01/04 at 21:18
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Look into it. Trust me.

I tried to download a video from Gamespot, but alas, you need to sign up. And I can't be arsed.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:58
"I love yo... lamp."
Auf deutsch wrote:
> I think COMPLETE world interaction is kinda revolutionary. Red Faction
> was blowing holes in walls...

True. But what Half Life is wanting to do is an evolution from blowing holes in walls. And the chances of it being complete interaction are small to non existant. The amount of code that would be necessary for that would have the game in production for another few years yet.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Both will be spectacular, but I see Halo 2 being every inch as good
> as Half Life 2.

I'm not arguing that fact, I'm looking forward to Halo 2 just as much as Half-Life 2. As you say, both will be spectacular.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:51
Regular
I think COMPLETE world interaction is kinda revolutionary. Red Faction was blowing holes in walls...
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:47
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm not blind, just that I think Half Life 2 is just not revolutionary. Real world physics.. just an improvement on Red Faction then. Sure, it will be a wonderful game and everything, but Halo 2 looks just as amazing.

The fact that it is possible to hi-jack Banshees as they fly past you looks brilliant. Live support means the multiplayer will be fantastic unless something major goes wrong. The single player game will be better as well I think. And some people, OK maybe just me, do still play single player. Not to mention the fact that the story in Halo is just way better.

Half Life 2 will be great. But it is a PC game first and foremost. It isn't doing anything new, or revolutionary, because there isn't anything new left to do. It will make improvements and I'm sure the AI will be fantastic and all, but so was Halo's and I don't see Bungie just bashing out new levels and not making any other changes.

And the final point(s) is that Master Chief is way cooler than Gordon Freeman AND he gets to drive Warthogs.

Both will be spectacular, but I see Halo 2 being every inch as good as Half Life 2.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Rickoss wrote:
> To be honest, I've never looked into it. The first didn't interest me
> because it quite frankly seems mediocre.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but it's no big loss to me.

The original Half-Life didn't appeal to me either, but Half-Life 2 looks so much better. You can interact with all of the enviroment, for example, you can shoot the supports away from water towers so that they fall onto enemies, you can lift items up with a sort of magnetic weapon, then fire the items at bad guys. There's tonnes of things to do.

If you look for the video you'll see what we all mean, I'm sure you'll be pretty impressed with it.
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:29
Regular
Yup, just been watching the video of the G-Man talking to the screen

Looks so fookin' real...
Sun 04/01/04 at 20:02
Regular
Look into it. Trust me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.