GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"20 meg Broadband?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/02/10 at 00:10
Regular
How come when BT want to upgrade broadband speeds they always start in citys? they alway speed up London then roll out to parts of the UK then they find a better way to do it and make it faster, so they halt upgrading and start back in London again! why cant they just give the whole UK say 15 meg and settle at that?

The way they do it just now smaller exchanges seem to be always losing out! yet we still pay the same price! and I also think its misleading how they advertise speeds up to 20meg when clearly they know in their hearts that some exchanges will never ever be upgraded!

There now thats my venting for today :-)

Digi
Tue 16/02/10 at 11:47
Regular
OMG! shock and more shock! well what can I say guys other than thank you very much, I was speaking to my friend yesterday, who is a BT engineer. I asked him whats fresh? thats whats going on in english :-) and i said to him, whats with all the activity with the BT vans in our area recently, and he said!!..Oh thats the new fibre cables going in to your exchange! your exchange is all cabled up now ready for the 24meg broadband, WOW I said, so when do they switch it on, Ah he said, that we dont know yet, but it is ready, he also said that the upgrade worked was chased up as some one from Essex had been on the phone complaining :-)

Digi
Tue 16/02/10 at 16:38
"Are you sure?"
ButchML wrote:
> Obviously if they take up this offer the router will be
> pre-configured specifically for their connection.

Just signed up yet another Freeola ADSL customer for you! :¬)

Guess it's my fault the Faraday node is sometimes busy - I've put too many people on it ;¬)

EDIT: Commission to normal place please!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.