GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucky me, about to play Zelda for the 1st time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I didn't want to get Wind Waker cos I've never played Zelda. So I picked up the bonus disc so I could put that right. Question is... how long does it take to play through the early Zelda games?

I've just finished rushing through Suikoden 1 & 2 so I could play 3... and rushing through number 2 took me 45 hours. I don't fancy going through that again so soon...
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I didn't want to get Wind Waker cos I've never played Zelda. So I picked up the bonus disc so I could put that right. Question is... how long does it take to play through the early Zelda games?

I've just finished rushing through Suikoden 1 & 2 so I could play 3... and rushing through number 2 took me 45 hours. I don't fancy going through that again so soon...
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:15
Regular
Ocarina of Time is huge, and Majora's Mask is of fair size. The NES games I'm not sure about, seeing as I'm completely stuck. Anyone happen to know if the fourth dungeon even exists in the first Zelda? :-P
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:58
Regular
If you completely fall in love with the games you will have many hours of pure joy.
The NES games are outdated, but fun.
A link to the past is a fantastic game, so is Oracle of Ages/Seasons.
I have not played Links awakening, but I want it badly.
TWW, Oot and Mm is high on my top ten list of favourite games.

I wish i could forget about the games, so I could enjoy them one more time.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:04
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Seems it's not the retrospective collection I thought, I guess link to the past was left off cos it's on the GBA, but what's 4 swords? Any others I should know about?
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:18
Regular
Link's Awakening DX is a must, as is Four Swords/ALttP.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:27
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I only have a GBA and a Gamecube. Are these available to me?
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:39
Regular
Yup, Fours Swords is out for GBA and Link's Awakening for GBColor.
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well, that's me just picked up Link's Awakening on eBay for a tenner. Getting Link to the Past should be easy... so what's the right order to play these in?

Zelda
Zelda 2
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of TIme
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker...?

Or does it not even matter?
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:26
Regular
Doesn't really matter, but try to play OOT before WInd Waker, and the two Zelda games after OOT. There are so many little nods to it that you may not notice if you played the other wayaround.
Mon 02/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
The first 2 Zelda games are a bit difficult to place...

A link to the past is apparently the last in the series...

OOT is the first

MM follows directly after OOT

Wind Waker follows 100 years later but is connected to OOT...

Links Awakening apparently fits in the middle of Zelda 2...

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are spin off stories that can fit anywhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.