GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lucky me, about to play Zelda for the 1st time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Mon 02/02/04 at 09:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I didn't want to get Wind Waker cos I've never played Zelda. So I picked up the bonus disc so I could put that right. Question is... how long does it take to play through the early Zelda games?

I've just finished rushing through Suikoden 1 & 2 so I could play 3... and rushing through number 2 took me 45 hours. I don't fancy going through that again so soon...
Thu 05/02/04 at 12:47
Regular
A classic, classic indeed.
Thu 05/02/04 at 11:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Started playing Legend of Zelda last night... at first I was like "hmmmm... all these screens look the same and I keep getting killed. Not sure I'll stick this for long."

Then I found a dungeon and killed a dragon with bombs, and a couple of trees with people in them... yeah that was good fun. Not sure what the hell I'm meant to do but I'll keep at it.
Thu 05/02/04 at 10:53
Regular
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> Well, yes Zelda did create the BEST 2D adventure of it's time, but I
> still just find it terrible! Think of Mario, that was the best 2D
> that you could get

And was fantastic...

What about Viewtiful Joe? Loads of games like that... are you saying the GBA is crap too?

Zelda's 2D adventures are amazing, my favourite is the GB/GBC Link's Awakening... not sure why.
Tue 03/02/04 at 17:09
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Well, yes Zelda did create the BEST 2D adventure of it's time, but I still just find it terrible! Think of Mario, that was the best 2D that you could get
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:12
Regular
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
> Basically every single ZELDA made was CRAP

A Link to the Past is probably the best 2D adventure ever created, it's in no way 'crap'.

Majora's Mask remains the best, mind.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'm thinking that last bit of advice came from a youngster anyway... the first game I ever played was Manic Miner so I think I can appreciate the early Zelda games for what they are :-)
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:03
Regular
Yeah you can... a true RPG is a good start.

The 2D Zelda's are fantastic... amazing games.
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:02
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I have the correct answer. Basically every single ZELDA made was CRAP except for "Ocarina Of Time", "Majora's Mask" and "Wind Waker". Don't even bother playing the old 2D ones, there just boring and tend to get really tedious after a half hour. OOT, MM, and WW are absolutly amazing, and must be brought and played by all. You cannot get a better RPG
Mon 02/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
The best idea is to ignore the 2D Zelda's... they're confusing...

Most of them (Link's Awakening, Orcale of Seasons, Oracle of Ages) are spin off games and The legend of Zelda, Link's Adventure and A Link to the PAst, despite being apart of the main series' are more like variations on the Zelda theme...

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are probably the safest way to play it as Nintendo are trying to make sense of the series from those games onwards.

Four Swords is a little Zelda multi-player game.
Mon 02/02/04 at 16:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
OK, I am well confused now. I though "play it in the order the games came out, that will make sense"... and surely that would be the best way from a gameplay perspective? But you're telling me the chronology is totally different?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.