GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got Prince of Persia...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'prince of persia'.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:05
Regular
With games this good who needs Nintendo?

Roll on Beyond Good and Evil.
Sat 21/02/04 at 17:56
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Well put.
> As well as Hitman 2, I'd venture
>
> Hmmmmm I don't deny Hitman 2 is great but it isn't very Nintendo
> like.

Not in terms of content.
But, to me, it >felt< very much like a Nintendo game.
Sat 21/02/04 at 17:30
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Well put.
> As well as Hitman 2, I'd venture

Hmmmmm I don't deny Hitman 2 is great but it isn't very Nintendo like.

Actually the camera issues of Prince of Persia ruins that Nintendo effect. I guess I like Prince of Persia so much because I actually prefer shorter games... mainly as the shorter they are the more likely I am to finish it.

Beyond Good and Evil arrives on the Nintendo Gamecube at SR price of £19.99 next week.

These 2 and XIII are all examples of ubi-softs new found brilliance... games that don't do everything right... XIII have several problems, mainly loading and multiplayer and POP has of course issues with length and camera... not too sure about Beyond Good and Evil but I've heard of some issues... But despite these problems the atmosphere, storyline and pure gameplay fun make them the most Nintendo like 3rd party games I've ever played.
Sat 21/02/04 at 17:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
When exactly is BG&E coming out? Every site seems to have a different date.

Getting Prince of Persia this week, all the reviews are excellant for it, and the time thing looks intresting, although it reminds me of that "revolutionary" Xbox game with that Cat - which was hyped up to be brilliant, but was in fact cack.
Sat 21/02/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Okay game, but as others have said, way too short. Even at £30. Beyond Good and evil is okay but the crappy letterbox effect wrecks it. I want all the screen damnit.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:51
"period drama"
Well put.
As well as Hitman 2, I'd venture
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:49
Regular
PRince of Persia is the Nintendo game of the multi-format world.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:37
Regular
Shame about some games.. they are good but either too short or and don't have any replaybility value.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:34
Regular
Pish I meant games wise. Prince of Persia is the dogs testicles... I advise you all to pick it up, for £30- it's well worth it.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:17
"period drama"
Agreed.

Although you will have finished it by Monday.
'Tis a shame, something so short.
Sat 21/02/04 at 15:07
Well obviously you would have bought a different version, no?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.