GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola launch new Favicons - What do I win ;¬)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/02/10 at 17:52
"Are you sure?"
Surprised no one else has mentioned this! ;¬)

New Freeola Favicons today!
here and here and here MyFreeola missed out and still has this...

Here's an idea - it would be nice if the forum code allowed 'trusted' members to post images directly into the forum.
This could be done on a per user user basis or by number of posts etc. then I could have shown the images rather than linked to them...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 14:48
"Are you sure?"
LukeM wrote:
> Do you dare to use IE?!

I do!
I appreciate is unfashionable to like Microsoft and IE - but I do.
I have IE7 along IE7Pro setup nicely to do everything I need :¬)

NB. I was seeing Freeola Favicons but it was yesterday that I started to see the new (without the 'flare') versions.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 15:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It's ok Hmmm.... I use IE7 and he gives me grief too. He's living in denial not us ;)
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:33
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Noes you two are the ones who miss out on new favicons, and extra goodies brought only to the latest browsers. Not to mention increased speed at handling JS, extended functionality, and security benefits.
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yeah.... but..... argh. Well it works... And I like it.
Fri 05/02/10 at 19:16
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Warhunt wrote:
> Yeah.... but..... argh. Well it works... And I like it.

Hehehe <3
Sat 06/02/10 at 17:22
"Are you sure?"
... I'm surprised Freeola didn't create an apple-touch-icon.png (iPhone webclip) at the same time!

I'm seeing more and more people using iPhone/iPod Touch to view web pages so it's worth doing - especially as it's so easy.

I've just updated my Favicon after all this talk ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 06/02/10 at 18:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The 'yellow Hmmm' top right - is this required? Just seems to throw the balance:-)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 07/02/10 at 12:02
Regular
Hi Hmmm
been watching this thread but I use IE 8 with windows 7 and the 3 links you post showing the favicons I only see 1 favicon the other 2 links just show me a blank page, am I doing some thing wrong? am I lacking a plugin?

Digi
Sun 07/02/10 at 17:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
It looks like it's an IE8 'feature' with how Freeola created their .ico files.

Like you, using IE8 I see different results.
The original links I created to Freeola's Favicons all show a blank page apart from the newly created MyFreeola one for me.

The good news is that they all display in the address bar/tabs etc. !

I can display my new Favicon directly with IE8, so I guess it's just how Freeola created their .ico files.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 08/02/10 at 18:17
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Digi,
> It looks like it's an IE8 'feature' with how Freeola created
> their .ico files.
>
> Like you, using IE8 I see different results.
> The original links I created to Freeola's Favicons all show a
> blank page apart from the newly created MyFreeola one for me.
>
> The good news is that they all display in the address bar/tabs
> etc. !
>
> I can display my new
> Favicon
directly with IE8, so I guess it's just how
> Freeola created their .ico files.

As far as we were aware we created all of the favicons in the same way but our MyFreeola one still translates into an image when view by itself in a browser. The others for gaming, freeola.com and getdotted.com all do not show because they shouldn't.

Favicons are a bit hit or miss IMHO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.