GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Wed 07/04/10 at 13:25
Regular
"And in last place.."
Decided I wasn't going to get time to watch this at home so I bunged it onto the walkman and watched it at work instead.

Really enjoyed it but surprisingly I struggled to tune into the young Amelia's accent... being Scottish and all I shouldn't need to tune in, must have been the headphones.
Thu 08/04/10 at 10:15
"possibly impossible"
Doctor Who - The Interactive Adventure . Apparently forming part of the series and free on PC/Mac.
Thu 08/04/10 at 15:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
> "Children don't just watch Doctor Who - they join in. They make up > games, invent their monsters, create their own stories," says
> Steven Moffat, Head Writer and Executive Producer, Doctor Who.
> "Now, there's something else - now they can be the Doctor in
> brand new episodes.

Who says it's only children who want to be The Doctor :(
Sun 11/04/10 at 14:44
Regular
That episode almost made me cry, the whole clowns in a box thing didn't really make a lot of sense to me though.
Sun 11/04/10 at 15:34
"possibly impossible"
Loved episode 2 in general but it felt like a two parter squashed in to one.

The 'fortune teller' style booth things were probably some sort of political statement but there didn't really seem to be much explanation for them.

Distinct feeling of 7th Doctor style this week though with the Doctor's glass of water thing almost being a channelling of Sylvester and the underlying policical feel.
Sun 11/04/10 at 17:26
Regular
The Dalek episode is looking like a lot of fun, but the whole "cracks" in the universe thing is looking pretty lame. My guess is it was probably caused by the Doctor after the messing with the fabric of space-time in the "Waters of Mars" episode I think.

It would be okay, but we've already had this kind of omen of scary things throughout the previous seasons with the whole "bad wolf" thing and the "he will knock four times" saga. I'm getting quite bored of it.
Mon 12/04/10 at 12:51
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Alfonse wrote:
> It would be okay, but we've already had this kind of omen of
> scary things throughout the previous seasons with the whole
> "bad wolf" thing and the "he will knock four
> times" saga. I'm getting quite bored of it.

Whilst I agree with this in principle, there isn't many other ways of building up the end-of-season baddie, or pushing the over-riding story arc in an obvious way (the show is aiming for a fairly young audience don't forget). The only other way they could do it is to have the man/woman/tentacle creature appear in a few locations where The Doctor is, which would get tedious. The subtle hints to 'the silence' and cracks in the Universe is probably the better option.
Thu 15/04/10 at 13:12
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Thu 15/04/10 at 14:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The second image on that page upset me, having Amy Pond running around in very little was a particular highlight from last week.
Thu 15/04/10 at 14:34
"possibly impossible"
Have you seen the Radio Times covers? They have the daleks in red, blue and yellow. Also have some good pics from the next episode inside.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.