GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Thu 08/07/10 at 12:01
Regular
LukeM wrote:
Old
> school Daleks can't feel mercy. Davros removed anything human (or
> should I say Kaled) from the Daleks during their creation.

Yes, but the Dalek realised that humans feel mercy and urged River to express it.
Thu 08/07/10 at 11:51
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Butch wrote:
> Alfoncy wrote:
> Pretty bad. I did like the part where Song killed the Dalek.
> MERCY?
>
> I disliked this bit more than I can put into words.

I sunk deep into my seat at this point cringing to the max. Old school Daleks can't feel mercy. Davros removed anything human (or should I say Kaled) from the Daleks during their creation. I guess you could try explaining it all, but it just sucks.
Wed 07/07/10 at 21:32
"possibly impossible"
RoughStuff wrote:
> Hi cant agree more, its all become a bit vague and can someone
> please tell me what the daleks would want with custom paint jobs?
> Dont make me laugh, historically the Dalek is a cold cruel
> unfeeling beast, somehow I cant imagine them being worried about
> how they look!!!

The game explains it better, they're colour coded as to the job they do, basically designated jobs from the moment they are created.
Thu 01/07/10 at 14:46
Regular
"Nothing is safe"
Hi cant agree more, its all become a bit vague and can someone please tell me what the daleks would want with custom paint jobs? Dont make me laugh, historically the Dalek is a cold cruel unfeeling beast, somehow I cant imagine them being worried about how they look!!!
Mon 28/06/10 at 12:04
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Alfoncy wrote:
> Pretty bad. I did like the part where Song killed the Dalek.
> MERCY?

I disliked this bit more than I can put into words.

The whole episode felt like a trailer for season 2 (or, more likely the season 2 finale). The only part of the episode I enjoyed was The Doctor coming back at the wedding thanks to the story he was telling Amelia, however obvious and cheesy. It was also a nice touch to replay the scene in the 'forest on a ship' and the realisation that at the time we were seeing 'future' Doctor.

Let's hope the Christmas story is better than this...
Sun 27/06/10 at 10:29
Regular
Pretty bad. I did like the part where Song killed the Dalek. MERCY?
Sun 27/06/10 at 10:23
Regular
"Mooching around"
After having watched confidential, those questions will apparently be answered next season.

I feel like I'm watching Lost, and as I recall, I hated the end of that show :P
Sun 27/06/10 at 01:07
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Is it just me or have the writers dumbed down dr who, the previous seasons of the revamp with davis as head had very few loose ends, more or less everything was explained. In the latest ones there are many loose ends like why couldnt amy remeber the daleks? whose voice was that, etc, never answered.

All felt a little bit rushed tbh.
Sat 26/06/10 at 21:01
Regular
"Mooching around"
Dreadful.

Just once, just once, I wanted an ending that didn't use a metaphorical reset button resulting in everyone forgetting everything that happened in the last 90 minutes.

What do we get? A literal reset button in the form of the impenetrable ultra secure, dead locked Pandorica being opened by a single flick of a screwdriver. Ultimately leading to Big Bang 2 with no one having any memory of what just happened.

It's the kind of lazy story writing you'd criticise kids doing their English Lit. GSCEs for.
Wed 23/06/10 at 08:46
"possibly impossible"
Second game episode downloadable on Saturday, right after the series finale.

Cybermen this time and they're promising a foe that hasn't been seen since the Tom Baker days...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.