GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Trek"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 11:40
Regular
How many people (be honest) will be watching Voyager on Monday night. After all for all the people who hate Star Trek or even just dislike Voyager, this is the last ever New episode of Voyager, EVER. For people who do like or should that be put up with voyager, I can only hope that End Game will be better than the last ever DS9 and please no spoilers as I know some people either Know the storyline or have actually seen Endgame.
Live Long and Prosper (and if anyone calls me a Trekie will defiantly not live long or prosper!)
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:52
"The pen is mightier"
Stryke wrote:
> Star Wars maybe a series of films, but the series of books that
> accompany it also expand it in the same way Star Trek series do.
> Lets have a poll shall we? Star Wars or Star Treks? Which one has
> the ugliest aliens?

oh, definately Trek! - they all look like ex-girlfriends of mine...
But then, they don`t help themselves by having so mant humanoid races in their universe.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:49
"The pen is mightier"
Mewtwo wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Who cares? Everyone knows that Star Trek pales
> in comparision to the
> almighty Star Wars.

Stars wars is
> "almighty" and so is Star Trek but you can not say one is
> better than the other. I really enjoy both and have listed below a
> few reasons why Star Trek cannot be compared to Star Wars.

> Star Wars is a sexology of films while Star Trek is predominantly a
> TV series but like many other TV series has ventured on to the big
> screen.
2. Star Wars is set in a galaxy far away with no connection
> to real life, a fairytale if you like . On the other hand Star Trek
> is incorporates Earths history and then elaborates on this to form a
> possible future scenario in to which the Star Trek story.
3. A lot
> of people will not admit this but as you probably found out in the
> Phantom Menace Star Wars is produced marketed towards a younger
> audience. The age ratings on the films also confirms this with all
> current Star Wars films being rated as U and The Star Trek Movies
> being rated PG except for First Contact c12 and The Motion Picture
> (No1) c15.
4.Star Trek is over a decade older than Star Wars,
> Indeed the original Star Trek series was screened even before man
> had landed on the moon (1969 in case you were wondering).
5. I am
> sure Borgdrone or any other Star Trek fan or indeed Star Wars Fan
> can think of more differences between the two ultimate sci fi
> adventures.

Actually, that about covers it really !!!!

I don`t knock Star Wars - because without that being the success it was back in 1977, our Star Trek movie franchise would never of got off the ground in 1979 with Star Trek: The motion picture.
But i`m sure that Lucas is losing his edge lately. Return of the Jedi was pure tripe compared to the excellent The Empire Strikes back, and it didn`t help when the next entry, the awful Phantom Menace (bad title, bad film!) just failed to "repair whatever damage they may have done" to coin a Star Trek phrase...

All my hopes are pinned on Episode 2 being darker and less kiddy orientated to make amends. If it doesn`t then Star Trek 10 may just better it for once!.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:40
"The pen is mightier"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Wasn't the ship in the Next Generation called the Enterprise as
> well.....or am I just being stupid.......or uneducated.

:)

Well, for the "uneducated" among us (lol!) there have in fact been six Starship Enterprise`s

1) NCC 1701 from the original series and also re-fitted for Star Trek 1,2 and 3 when it was self-destructed by Kirk to stop it falling into the hands of the Klingons.

2) NCC 1701-A as used in Star Trek 4,5 and 6 and essentially the same ship class. Last of its type still in use when sent to Khitomer after which the ship was retired from service.

3) NCC 1701-B from Star Trek Generations, an enhanced Excelsior class vessel.

4) NCC 1701-C which was an Ambassador class starship, lost at the battle of Niandra III sometime between Kirk`s and Picard`s timeline.

5) NCC 1701-D which was the Galaxy class flagship as seen in Next Gen and Star Trek Generations, where it was destroyed by the Duras Sisters at Veridian III.

6) NCC 1701-E the Sovereign class starship seen in Star Trek First Contact and Insurrection (as well as the up & coming Star Trek 10).

Now, trust me to know all that!!!! :-D
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:40
Regular
Star Wars maybe a series of films, but the series of books that accompany it also expand it in the same way Star Trek series do. Lets have a poll shall we? Star Wars or Star Treks? Which one has the ugliest aliens?
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:38
"I love yo... lamp."
The_Vottanator wrote:
> That's what they want you to think but you're a FOOL if you believe
> that!

It's obvious that there was some conspiracy to cover up
> the fact that Starfleet don't know the alphabet!

Probably. Maybe they will make us all learn a new language in the future when the Vulcans land.
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That's what they want you to think but you're a FOOL if you believe that!

It's obvious that there was some conspiracy to cover up the fact that Starfleet don't know the alphabet!

Sat 04/08/01 at 18:34
Stryke wrote:
> Who cares? Everyone knows that Star Trek pales in comparision to the
> almighty Star Wars.

Stars wars is "almighty" and so is Star Trek but you can not say one is better than the other. I really enjoy both and have listed below a few reasons why Star Trek cannot be compared to Star Wars.

1. Star Wars is a sexology of films while Star Trek is predominantly a TV series but like many other TV series has ventured on to the big screen.
2. Star Wars is set in a galaxy far away with no connection to real life, a fairytale if you like . On the other hand Star Trek is incorporates Earths history and then elaborates on this to form a possible future scenario in to which the Star Trek story.
3. A lot of people will not admit this but as you probably found out in the Phantom Menace Star Wars is produced marketed towards a younger audience. The age ratings on the films also confirms this with all current Star Wars films being rated as U and The Star Trek Movies being rated PG except for First Contact c12 and The Motion Picture (No1) c15.
4.Star Trek is over a decade older than Star Wars, Indeed the original Star Trek series was screened even before man had landed on the moon (1969 in case you were wondering).
5. I am sure Borgdrone or any other Star Trek fan or indeed Star Wars Fan can think of more differences between the two ultimate sci fi adventures.
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Because they went through three Enterprise's before the Next Generation series.
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Why not call it the enterprise 2 or enterprise B? Why D? That's just 'illogical'!

Clever, eh?

Sat 04/08/01 at 18:18
"I love yo... lamp."
Vottanator they were both the Enterptise but in the Next Generation it was the Enterprise D. I think Star Trek is better than Star Wars but as has been said Star Wars have only been films so you can not compare directly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.