GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate Deus Ex"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deux Ex'.
Thu 18/03/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Not a Jew"
And I had a whole page of reasons typed up why I loathe this game, but AOL timed out and I lost them all.
Anyway, in short - the fact that you are offered "choices" (Wow!) doesn't not even begin to compensate for the horrible game play and the ridiculously clumsy fighting mode.
Sun 25/04/04 at 10:45
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
i reckon there are two major types of gamers inside the "hardcore gamers" bracket. we have the pc gamers who reside in this forum and look for great story, brilliant "underlying" elements and this was the group that was targetted for the original game and of which i am a member (i enjoyed the original). Then there are the group that more ressemble and are often console gamers. Although they play games excessively they don't want complex games or any of this underlying mumbo-jumbo they simply want an enjoyable game. So it was at this group that the sequel was targetted (it was dumbed down for the PS2) and that most multi-platform games are targetted at.
Tue 20/04/04 at 11:55
Regular
I was very tempted to get the latest Deus Ex, but after hearing bad thigns about it I decided not to. It has to be said that the concept, while interesting, doesn't sound ideal.
Tue 20/04/04 at 11:13
Regular
"dont like me bite m"
well said this game suks
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:20
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> For your delectation!
>
> http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=208

Do we have here a Goon?
Tue 06/04/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Not a Jew"
"dues ex"

Might rock, but as far as I know it doesn't exist.
And its a matter of opinion.
In my opinion, you are a knobjockey.
Tue 06/04/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Anyone Got A Pizza"
Why Do you hate dues ex IT ROCKS
Sat 03/04/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
System Shock was great...
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Have you read the Universal Combat review? It's bloody hillarious.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
For your delectation!

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=208
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I never really took to Deus Ex; I enjoyed the demo (to the original, the Deus Ex 2 demo was pants) but not enough to buy it. I thought it paled in comparison with System Shock 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.