GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet hates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 13:59
Regular
No, not which animals you do or don't like, but the little things that annoy the hell out of you, while being insignificant to other people.

What are yours? Here's a list of my top 5. And yes, I do have far too much time on my hands...

1. Flies. Not the ones on your trousers, but the insect variety. Why do they always manage to fly in a straight line long enough to squeeze past your net curtains, but then go into 'loop' mode - flying around in circles inside your house, and never managing to get out again?

2. Moths. What sort of idiot creature hides from the light all day, then comes out when it gets dark, only to fly towards the nearest light? Why don't they come out during the day and fly towards the sun?

3. Going to the toilet. "Number one's" isn't so bad, but "Number two's" is such a waste. Surely after millions of years of evolution, nature should have come up with a way of utilising every part of what we eat or drink, instead of expelling most of it?

4. Shaving. I hate shaving, yet I have to because I hate having a 'tache and beard even more. It's such a complete waste of time. Again, you'd think nature would realise, "Ooh, they keep cutting it off... maybe they don't like it... let's do away with it then." If only there was some way to turn off facial hair growth!

5. Tesco milk cartons. They put those stupid little plastic 'spouts' in them - but they're too far back in the carton, and completely the wrong shape. I dare anyone to try pouring milk out of them - you ALWAYS get two streams - one goes onto your cereal or into your tea, the other always seems to think that your kitchen floor or work-surface isn't quite sticky enough, and makes its way straight there. I always cut off the corner of the carton at the opposite end - it's much better and cleaner that way.

So there you go - another pointless topic. Hopefully at least one person will find it mildly amusing enough to respond with their own pet hates...
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:00
Gaming Boy wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> I don't know why they have all of those legs!
> What's the point of
> having 8 legs?

It would make
> kick-boxing tournaments so much better!

Heh! How about we change the kick boxing to something else, like 'Extermination', the game show where Spiders fight to the death and the winner gets squished at the end!
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Toffos.

Where are they now?
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:57
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Seifer wrote:
> I don't know why they have all of those legs! What's the point of
> having 8 legs?

It would make kick-boxing tournaments so much better!
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:56
YH now hates me! I sniffed all the way through my GCSE Mocks!
But I have hayfever, do I have a decent excuse?
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:51
Regular
People who sniff ALL the way through an exam!
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:49
I don't know why they have all of those legs! What's the point of having 8 legs?
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Gaming Boy wrote:
> Spiders ARE arachnids!

Yes, that's why I
> put "I hate spiders too" - just giving them their common
> name!

Oh.
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:47
Your Honour wrote:
> You mean you haven't seen it done? Pah!

Continuing with pet
> hates:

People who starch their cats tails, so they stand up,
> erect if you will, so they can throw unwanted CD's on them, hoop-la
> style.

Have you tried all of these? You seem to know an awful lot about them!

*Seifer sees YH run into the distance taking a cat and a few discs with him*
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:46
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> spider/sparrow mutation, run free my
> preety!'

You evil, evil person!

Where's my tennis bat...
> instant grated Sparder...

Fly awat my pretty, fly, fly *Evil laughter for a good few minutes until thew Wookie Monster comes over and uses his tennis racket on Seifer... OW!*
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:45
Regular
You mean you haven't seen it done? Pah!

Continuing with pet hates:

People who starch their cats tails, so they stand up, erect if you will, so they can throw unwanted CD's on them, hoop-la style.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.