GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet hates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 13:59
Regular
No, not which animals you do or don't like, but the little things that annoy the hell out of you, while being insignificant to other people.

What are yours? Here's a list of my top 5. And yes, I do have far too much time on my hands...

1. Flies. Not the ones on your trousers, but the insect variety. Why do they always manage to fly in a straight line long enough to squeeze past your net curtains, but then go into 'loop' mode - flying around in circles inside your house, and never managing to get out again?

2. Moths. What sort of idiot creature hides from the light all day, then comes out when it gets dark, only to fly towards the nearest light? Why don't they come out during the day and fly towards the sun?

3. Going to the toilet. "Number one's" isn't so bad, but "Number two's" is such a waste. Surely after millions of years of evolution, nature should have come up with a way of utilising every part of what we eat or drink, instead of expelling most of it?

4. Shaving. I hate shaving, yet I have to because I hate having a 'tache and beard even more. It's such a complete waste of time. Again, you'd think nature would realise, "Ooh, they keep cutting it off... maybe they don't like it... let's do away with it then." If only there was some way to turn off facial hair growth!

5. Tesco milk cartons. They put those stupid little plastic 'spouts' in them - but they're too far back in the carton, and completely the wrong shape. I dare anyone to try pouring milk out of them - you ALWAYS get two streams - one goes onto your cereal or into your tea, the other always seems to think that your kitchen floor or work-surface isn't quite sticky enough, and makes its way straight there. I always cut off the corner of the carton at the opposite end - it's much better and cleaner that way.

So there you go - another pointless topic. Hopefully at least one person will find it mildly amusing enough to respond with their own pet hates...
Mon 30/07/01 at 13:59
"High polygon count"
No, not which animals you do or don't like, but the little things that annoy the hell out of you, while being insignificant to other people.

What are yours? Here's a list of my top 5. And yes, I do have far too much time on my hands...

1. Flies. Not the ones on your trousers, but the insect variety. Why do they always manage to fly in a straight line long enough to squeeze past your net curtains, but then go into 'loop' mode - flying around in circles inside your house, and never managing to get out again?

2. Moths. What sort of idiot creature hides from the light all day, then comes out when it gets dark, only to fly towards the nearest light? Why don't they come out during the day and fly towards the sun?

3. Going to the toilet. "Number one's" isn't so bad, but "Number two's" is such a waste. Surely after millions of years of evolution, nature should have come up with a way of utilising every part of what we eat or drink, instead of expelling most of it?

4. Shaving. I hate shaving, yet I have to because I hate having a 'tache and beard even more. It's such a complete waste of time. Again, you'd think nature would realise, "Ooh, they keep cutting it off... maybe they don't like it... let's do away with it then." If only there was some way to turn off facial hair growth!

5. Tesco milk cartons. They put those stupid little plastic 'spouts' in them - but they're too far back in the carton, and completely the wrong shape. I dare anyone to try pouring milk out of them - you ALWAYS get two streams - one goes onto your cereal or into your tea, the other always seems to think that your kitchen floor or work-surface isn't quite sticky enough, and makes its way straight there. I always cut off the corner of the carton at the opposite end - it's much better and cleaner that way.

So there you go - another pointless topic. Hopefully at least one person will find it mildly amusing enough to respond with their own pet hates...
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:11
The Tesco cartons are really bad and I always cut the corner off them, much easier to pour!
I keep thinking that I've cut myself when I am shaving, especially during the winter when it's too cold to stand in front of the mirror and you're shaking and can't keep your head still!
You seriously don't like insects do you!?
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:17
Regular
Stubbing ya toe! Grrrr....
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Morons that complain about Brasseye when they only watched it because the papers said it was shocking.
You lose the right to complain when you tune in just because it's going to be "nasty"

Morons that use cashpoints to try and hack into NASA.
It takes me 30 secs to withdraw money, but every single time I get behind someone, they take 3 minutes.

People that pull out on you when there is nobody behind you.
And then proceed to go 30 mph.

Automated switchboards.
"Press # if you require customer service"
Hey, you know what HAL? I'm hanging up.
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:19
Completly biased gamers! Now I can't stand people who are commited to one console and that company, why can't people have plenty of respect for all of the consoles and their companys?
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It's annoying when you're trying to work your T.V using remote control and then a couple of flies come and land on the infrared.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(3 years later)RRRRRRR
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:21
Regular
Pet hates:

Old people generally.

People who buy Roast Venison With Fresh French Sun Dried Tomatoes Garnished With A Hint Of Rosemary In Gravy cat food, then fill their trolly with Tesco's value chips and burgers for themselves.

Old people generally.

That bloody Remix of Eddy Grants "Electric Avenue". I know it was out ages ago, but it's REALLY ANNOYING.

Old people generally.

Poeple who complain when there's no pink toilet paper left. They can't have any other colour as it won't go with their curtains. BUY WHITE IT'LL GO WITH ANYTHING!!!

Old people generally.

Turbonutter.

Old people generally.

People who examine the fat content of a packet of bird food.
DOES IT MATTER IF MR SPARROW GETS A BIT FAT!?? NO! HE'LL JUST FLY ABOUT A BIT AND WORK IT OFF!!!!

Old people generally.
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I can't stand people who insist on playing a PD deathmatch with you, then you kill them and they come out with things like,
"That's not fair!"
or
"I didn't have a gun!"
or
"You play it more than me. Give me a chance!"

I get sooooooooooooo bored when I have to give an opponent a handicap.
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:24
Regular
Snogging a beautiful babe for hours and hours.... no wait! That's one of my pet loves! Sorry wrong topic!
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:25
Hey YH, what have you got against people who check the labels to see how Mr. Sparrow's diet is. Are you stalking me?

*Seifer turns around to see YH running of into the distance*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.