GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did you know..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/01/10 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."
A thread for weird and wonderful facts which may or my not be interesting.

Inspired by a random irrelevent fact on a packet of bananas.

Peanuts are an ingredient in dynamite.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
Fri 15/01/10 at 15:00
Regular
"And in last place.."
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the Male's head off.

In 1926, women were banned from competing in marathons because it was believed it caused infertility.

A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside. And a 4 foot tall adult I guess.
Fri 15/01/10 at 14:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I'm I glad about this:

In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatos in clam chowder :-)
Fri 15/01/10 at 08:04
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> In any Star Trek series, or official movie, Captain Kirk never
> said the words "Beam me up, Scotty".

& the middle initial T was only explained in the awful cartoon series that followed the original three series of Star Trek. (was then later used in the 11th movie)
Thu 14/01/10 at 16:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
ButchML wrote:
> The scientific name for a gorilla is 'Gorilla gorilla'. The name
> for the Western Lowland Gorilla is 'Gorilla gorilla gorilla'.

Which probably came about when cryptozoologists tying to find the gorilla yelled "Gorilla" twice in excitement and the third time in terror as it chased after them!
Thu 14/01/10 at 09:56
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
In any Star Trek series, or official movie, Captain Kirk never said the words "Beam me up, Scotty".

Only one non-league team have ever won the FA Cup, Tottenham Hotspur did it back in 1901.

The scientific name for a gorilla is 'Gorilla gorilla'. The name for the Western Lowland Gorilla is 'Gorilla gorilla gorilla'.
Thu 14/01/10 at 09:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
Chuck Norris counted to infinity,twice
Thu 14/01/10 at 09:16
Regular
"And in last place.."
The St. Bernard dog breed is the preferred dog in China because it yields a better tasting and more economical source of meat than other breeds of dog.

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
Thu 14/01/10 at 08:03
Regular
"THFC"
The average price of beer in the Uk is £3.20

Nintendo sold 92,000 DSi consoles in the first week of their release
Thu 14/01/10 at 07:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
> Despite the warnings on Petrol Stations there have been no
> substantiated incidents of mobile phones setting off explosions
> on petrol pumps.

Better have look at this .I was shown this same clip during a safety training exercise a couple of years ago.Petrol (as in the liquid) is not actually flammable it is the vapour which ignites.There are many ways which in theory could create a flash point.Static electricity is the obvious other candidate as is any powered device such as a torch etc.Although unlikely,it is not impossible that a cellphone could ignite petrol vapour as the clip shows.When the dip covers on top of the tanker were removed his mobile clearly did ignite them.
Thu 14/01/10 at 01:02
Regular
At least they have the UEFA cup to look forward to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.