GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Did you know..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/01/10 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."
A thread for weird and wonderful facts which may or my not be interesting.

Inspired by a random irrelevent fact on a packet of bananas.

Peanuts are an ingredient in dynamite.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
Wed 13/01/10 at 09:26
Regular
"And in last place.."
A thread for weird and wonderful facts which may or my not be interesting.

Inspired by a random irrelevent fact on a packet of bananas.

Peanuts are an ingredient in dynamite.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
Wed 13/01/10 at 11:33
Regular
Artificial stimuli can evoke sensations such as taste. For instance, shake an imaginary salt cellar into your mouth and be pleasantly suprised :)
Wed 13/01/10 at 11:40
"possibly impossible"
Despite the warnings on Petrol Stations there have been no substantiated incidents of mobile phones setting off explosions on petrol pumps.
Wed 13/01/10 at 13:06
Regular
"And in last place.."
The Tasmanian Devil stores body fat in its tail and an unhealthy devil often has a thin tail.

The woodpeckers tongue is so long(in many cases as long as the woodpecker itself), that it is not attached to the woodpecker's head as in most birds, but instead it curls back up around its skull.
Wed 13/01/10 at 15:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I was scared of Bully from Bullseye :p

Ok, the eye needs to keep moving to see. If the eye stops "succading" then you lose vision.
Wed 13/01/10 at 17:52
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Brilliant but weird
Wed 13/01/10 at 21:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
Did you know? Liverpool are officially dreadful?
Thu 14/01/10 at 01:02
Regular
At least they have the UEFA cup to look forward to.
Thu 14/01/10 at 07:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
> Despite the warnings on Petrol Stations there have been no
> substantiated incidents of mobile phones setting off explosions
> on petrol pumps.

Better have look at this .I was shown this same clip during a safety training exercise a couple of years ago.Petrol (as in the liquid) is not actually flammable it is the vapour which ignites.There are many ways which in theory could create a flash point.Static electricity is the obvious other candidate as is any powered device such as a torch etc.Although unlikely,it is not impossible that a cellphone could ignite petrol vapour as the clip shows.When the dip covers on top of the tanker were removed his mobile clearly did ignite them.
Thu 14/01/10 at 08:03
Regular
"THFC"
The average price of beer in the Uk is £3.20

Nintendo sold 92,000 DSi consoles in the first week of their release

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.