GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Kong Country: King Kong ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Kong Country'.
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:32
"Majestic"
Ok, I made that title up... But my question is:

I heard a rumour that cube would get a Donkey Kong game (not Donkey Konga) , like Donkey Kong Country. Obviously this one wouldn't be made by Rare, but is this true? Cheers!
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:32
"Majestic"
Ok, I made that title up... But my question is:

I heard a rumour that cube would get a Donkey Kong game (not Donkey Konga) , like Donkey Kong Country. Obviously this one wouldn't be made by Rare, but is this true? Cheers!
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:40
Regular
I have also heard the rumours. And that it would be developed by Namco.
Sun 04/04/04 at 10:21
"Majestic"
Yeah, Namco are doing Donkey Konga too, that would make sense...
Sun 04/04/04 at 11:22
Regular
Nintendo a few years ago at the sale of Rare stated they are working in house on a new Donkey Kong game.

Other than the likes of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong on the GBA we have yet to see this as Donkey Konga is not an in house production.

Nintendo have released ALL their most popular game series' on the Gamecube now, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda and Metroid it is probably about time they released the only AAA title they have but haven't produced yet.
Sun 04/04/04 at 12:30
"Majestic"
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo a few years ago at the sale of Rare stated they are working
> in house on a new Donkey Kong game.

What ever it was, it won't be released by Rare on the cube...
As far as i Know, they were working on Donkey Kong Racing, which looked sweet.

Have a Look at what we could of won: [URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/136/136565p1.html[/URL]
*sobs*
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yeah, Donkey Kong Racing looked excellent, the perfect sequal to Diddy Kong Racing for the N64, which really was a classic game.
Sun 04/04/04 at 15:20
"Majestic"
Yeah, it did
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:10
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Yeah, Donkey Kong Racing looked excellent, the perfect sequal to Diddy
> Kong Racing for the N64, which really was a classic game.

Well then you were to be dissapointed as the sequel to Diddy Kong Racing was Mickey Mouse Adventure Racing and Donkey Kong Racing was in fact a game about raising your animal to be the perfect racer.

I'm not stupid I didn't say Rare would be making the game, I said Nintendo would in house.

Rare haven't made a good DK game in a VERY long time.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It was?

*dies*

Oh, and when you say Mickey's Adventure Racing do you actually mean the exceedingly average Mickey's Speedway that RARE released towards the end of the N64's lifespan?

Also, I might add that if Nintendo do make a Donkey Kong game, it will not feature Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, or any other recognisable characters that featured in the great Donkey Kong 64. RARE still hold the rights to these few Donkey Kong related characters, allthough I highly doubt they will use them. That is perhaps why DK Racing was dropped, and why none of these characters feature in Donkey Konga.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:31
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Ashman wrote:
> Also, I might add that if Nintendo do make a Donkey Kong game, it
> will not feature Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, or any other recognisable
> characters that featured in the great Donkey Kong 64. RARE still
> hold the rights to these few Donkey Kong related characters.

who cares?....Lanky, Tiny and Chunky were awful anyway, they were rip-offs of Manky Kong, Dixie Kong and Kiddie Kong....who were much better anyway.(why couldn't Rare have just used those characters in DK64?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.