GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Schizophrenia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/01/07 at 02:41
Regular
I'm doing some personal research into stigma and such and I would like to ask a question.

Without looking it up on wikipedia or anywhere, can you describe to the best of your ability what schizophrenia actually is?

Don't worry about if you think you're wrong, and please, do check up after you answer the question if you want to, but I'm just interested in public perception of what the illness actually is. And don't just say the same as another person who you think might have the right answer, I want to know what you personally believe.

I hope I get quite a few replies here, thank you if you have a go.
Wed 07/03/07 at 12:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
i keep grix locked up don't worry

don't i boy?
Tue 06/03/07 at 16:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Someone being insane, with little or no grip on reality and possibly dangerous.

You don't really hear of schizophrenics walking the streets freely so I'd imagine many are locked up or at least in care.
Sun 25/02/07 at 04:39
Regular
Nin wrote:
> I think a more interesting topic about this would have been along
> the lines of what it's like to live with someone who has
> schizophrenia.

Yeah, where's biglime when we NEED him to modify stuff..pft.

> As far as i'm aware the person who has it isn't actually that
> aware, either through being psychotic or being drugged up. As i
> was told weeks ago "Being nuts really does beat being
> helpless, you tend not to know much about it. It's everyone else
> that has the problem when you're on another planet"
> So given that, i want to know what it's like to have to live
> with that. Whats it like to have to pick up your son or daughter
> from the hospital after they've tried to kill themselves? How
> about when they're threatening to kill themselves in front of
> you or want to jump off the roof? I think the surrounding people
> suffer as much, if not more by having to watch someone they love
> self-destruct in a wave of apathy, delusion and self-obsession.
>
> EDIT
> I think this is basically what i wrote and deleted at the start
> of this thread. Only not as vitriolic.

I equate a lot of what Grix reports as his condition as an attempt to hide from being entirely responsible for himself. He's really good at it.. romanticises it, as a matter of fact. He's is quite knowledgeable on the topic. Knowledge can be dangerous. I do not believe he is schizophrenic, because it is not something you turn on and off at will. He's full of malarky. And so is whomever gave him a GAD for his drivel.
Sun 25/02/07 at 00:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think a more interesting topic about this would have been along the lines of what it's like to live with someone who has schizophrenia.
As far as i'm aware the person who has it isn't actually that aware, either through being psychotic or being drugged up. As i was told weeks ago "Being nuts really does beat being helpless, you tend not to know much about it. It's everyone else that has the problem when you're on another planet"
So given that, i want to know what it's like to have to live with that. Whats it like to have to pick up your son or daughter from the hospital after they've tried to kill themselves? How about when they're threatening to kill themselves in front of you or want to jump off the roof? I think the surrounding people suffer as much, if not more by having to watch someone they love self-destruct in a wave of apathy, delusion and self-obsession.

EDIT
I think this is basically what i wrote and deleted at the start of this thread. Only not as vitriolic.
Sun 25/02/07 at 00:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I gave up trying to figure out what exactly it is whoever decides the GAD is looking for long ago and stopped wasting my time trying as i was obviously not on the favoured list. Seeing some of the winning entries in the past made me weep (not including Grix's post in this as i haven't even read it)
Sun 25/02/07 at 00:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> He didn't win for the original post, he won for that long post in
> the middle

You mean the post that negated the whole point of this thread in the first place? Since when do we win for posts anyway?
Sun 25/02/07 at 00:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He didn't win for the original post, he won for that long post in the middle
Sat 24/02/07 at 23:38
Regular
Well then, I think I shall abuse the system too. Heck, why not. I'll always say I learned from the best.
Sat 24/02/07 at 23:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Pfft! I love The Grix and i'm not going to blame him for winning because it wasn't his choice but whoever picked this to win...
What exactly is GAD worthy about it? Grix has came on, asked what people think schizophrenia is and then left.
Maybe this is a tactic i should use. My next topics title shall be
"Hey guys, abortion, what d'ya think?" and then i'll leave a blank page.
Sat 24/02/07 at 23:32
Regular
Yes, he did. Which is a totally disgustingly unfair disgrace to GAD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.