GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3 years to go..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/12/09 at 21:25
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Today I looked at the date (and then had a debate with a consultant) and saw it was the 21st of December. According to the Mayan calendars, we are ending this era in 3 years to the day.

What do you think will happen at this "ending"?

Do you think it will be all hype and nothing will happen, just like the Millenium Bug? Or are you one that may believe that the film 2012 is actually going to happen and all the conspiricies are true?

It's a topic I don't think we've really debated on (well this side of the millenium anyway...) and I suppose if the topic could involve the end of the world, I guess it's a pretty darn big topic to discuss.

For me, I'm undecided. I don't really care what happens. If nothing does, then life goes on and if something does, I'm sure we won't be around for long to see the after effects ;)
Mon 21/12/09 at 22:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
*royalties
Mon 21/12/09 at 21:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Haha thanks DL.

I have actually thought about creating my own date (perhaps January 8th 2023) and saying that some great deciphering of the Harry Potter books that the world is likely to end on that day.

I could in fact set up a facebook group, build up the hype and start donating to charity... Then I could write a book on the subject and make millions :)

See the Mayans had the right idea, just that the ones that thought of it those many years ago won't see any of the loyalties :P
Mon 21/12/09 at 21:44
Regular
Funny how they couldn't forsee their own genocide.
Mon 21/12/09 at 21:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:
> Today I looked at the date (and then had a debate with a
> consultant) and saw it was the 21st of December.
> According to the Mayan calendars, we are ending this era in 3
> years to the day.
>
> What do you think will happen at this "ending"?
>
> Do you think it will be all hype and nothing will happen, just
> like the Millenium Bug? Or are you one that may believe that the
> film 2012 is actually going to happen and all the conspiricies
> are true?
>
> It's a topic I don't think we've really debated on (well this
> side of the millenium anyway...) and I suppose if the topic could
> involve the end of the world, I guess it's a pretty darn big
> topic to discuss.
>
> For me, I'm undecided. I don't really care what happens. If
> nothing does, then life goes on and if something does, I'm sure
> we won't be around for long to see the after effects ;)

Forget it HM, whatever happens....happens. Live for today, tomorrow is another unturned page in your life, infact the world's life...just go for it.

I've had and seen too much in my life to be bothered by it now and my advice is just that....see above:-)
Mon 21/12/09 at 21:25
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Today I looked at the date (and then had a debate with a consultant) and saw it was the 21st of December. According to the Mayan calendars, we are ending this era in 3 years to the day.

What do you think will happen at this "ending"?

Do you think it will be all hype and nothing will happen, just like the Millenium Bug? Or are you one that may believe that the film 2012 is actually going to happen and all the conspiricies are true?

It's a topic I don't think we've really debated on (well this side of the millenium anyway...) and I suppose if the topic could involve the end of the world, I guess it's a pretty darn big topic to discuss.

For me, I'm undecided. I don't really care what happens. If nothing does, then life goes on and if something does, I'm sure we won't be around for long to see the after effects ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.