GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3 years to go..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/12/09 at 21:25
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Today I looked at the date (and then had a debate with a consultant) and saw it was the 21st of December. According to the Mayan calendars, we are ending this era in 3 years to the day.

What do you think will happen at this "ending"?

Do you think it will be all hype and nothing will happen, just like the Millenium Bug? Or are you one that may believe that the film 2012 is actually going to happen and all the conspiricies are true?

It's a topic I don't think we've really debated on (well this side of the millenium anyway...) and I suppose if the topic could involve the end of the world, I guess it's a pretty darn big topic to discuss.

For me, I'm undecided. I don't really care what happens. If nothing does, then life goes on and if something does, I'm sure we won't be around for long to see the after effects ;)
Wed 23/12/09 at 12:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
First, congrats on the spelling- spot on! (and that's coming from me! :D)

Secondly, all i can say is, people used to be sure the earth was flat, not the mayans, but it proves the point that knowledge we presume is right can be completely wrong. I'm sure there's lots, presently, that we take for red, which is actually wrong. We're just another generation, we're nothing special, we're still capable of being wrong. So what chance have aload of guys from over 1000 years ago got?

I bet it was a big conspiracy, the mayans were so clever, that they managed to communicate to the future, where they concocted a plot to come up with a crazy theory, so that the modern day directors could make a film about it. That seems more plausible...
Wed 23/12/09 at 07:30
Regular
Did the Mayan civilisation predict the re-working of the calendar systems that have taken place over the last couple of hundred years?

If not, how do we know it to specifically be December 21st, let alone 2012?

Or is it they predicted in x amount of years the world would end? If so, have archaeologists (probably big sp mistake :P) or scientists accurately dated the Mayan calendar?

If it happens, we ain't gonna be able to do a thing about it.

If it doesn't, we continue destroying the planet outselves anyway...
Tue 22/12/09 at 22:38
Regular
Does it matter?

Without the earth there are no humans.
Without life, there are no witnesses to the earth's existance.
Tue 22/12/09 at 20:43
"possibly impossible"
Then factor in our own self-importance.

Does 'world ending' mean the Earth or just it's current (human) inhabitants?

2 different things.
Tue 22/12/09 at 20:23
Regular
Erm no, the Sun lacks the mass to explode as a supernova.
Tue 22/12/09 at 17:03
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I don't believe it, the sun will kill us as it is a nuclear bomb and will explode in 5 billion years time, it's already had half of it's life. Unless global warming does but i blame the cows, farting eveywhere and make people pay larger tax if they have a bigger vehicle. TAX THE COWS!!
Tue 22/12/09 at 12:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
Gah, i'm sick of 2012. There is absolutely no evidence at all that reinforces it. The Mayans didn't even predict the end of the world! It doesn't say in 'The Mayan Diary' written by May-An Mayan that on the 21st December 2012, the world will end!

The only bad thing that's going to happen in 2012 is the Olympics...
Tue 22/12/09 at 08:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Timmargh wrote:
> *royalties

d'oh...thanks :p

Maybe I'd need a proofreader if I were to release a book to collect on the royalties!
Mon 21/12/09 at 23:56
Regular
The end of the world will be exactly like the film 2012, word for word
Mon 21/12/09 at 22:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:
> Haha thanks DL.
>
> I have actually thought about creating my own date (perhaps
> January 8th 2023) and saying that some great deciphering of the
> Harry Potter books that the world is likely to end on that day.
>
> I could in fact set up a facebook group, build up the hype and
> start donating to charity... Then I could write a book on the
> subject and make millions :)
>
> See the Mayans had the right idea, just that the ones that
> thought of it those many years ago won't see any of the loyalties
> :P

The Mayans were cool dudes in a time of turmoil - I blame the European invaders - ie the Spanish and Portuguese - for upsetting the delicate equilibrium that existed within their tranquil environment...the butterfly within the Andean Forests must be flapping it's feather-like wings in frustration now ..... ha ha

Can't wait for the Facebook idea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.