GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:06
Regular
": ("
Why do so many of you think GTA 3 is better than GTA: Vice City?
Im getting the double pack soon and i will still play GTA 3 but i dont think it beats GTA: Vice City, im so confused at why lots of you think GTA 3 is better, the guy doesn't speak in it, there are no motorbikes and there are lots of other features it lacks of which Vice City has.

Me Thinks:

95% = GTA 3

99% = GTA Vice City
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:17
Regular
Fishburne better had take off his rose tinted glasses then. Reloaded was utter sh*te in comparison to the original.

For me though on this one I would say I prefered GTA 3 more purely because it was revolutionary and at the time it was amazing to play, more so than Vice City which didn't expand enough to make it a better game - time relative of course.
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:14
Regular
A direct quote. [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?forumid=135&threadid=99240&offset=40¤tsort=desc[/URL] for the original thread.

----------

"There were too many weapons in Vice City, and the design of the city was really poor in places, with lots of repetition and dull textures. GTA 3's islands may have been smaller, but what they lacked in size, they made up for in quality. It had a really personal feel - it was easy to remember where places were, and each area had interesting aspects and locations. The same goes for the weapons; in GTA 3, you knew what each one did, knew what was best for a certain situation and used all of them - more than can be said for the confusingly large amount in Vice City.

I also thought that the missions and storyline (especially the Mafia) were better in GTA 3, as they had more of a gritty feel and, even though you knew it wouldn't make much difference, the sense of professionalism made you want to complete each one as best as you can. Unfortunately, I just didn't feel that in Vice. The missions had the right ideas, but when executed they just weren't as much fun or "important". This flaw can probably also be attributed to the lacklustre level design.

It was the little things too, like the radio stations, vehicles, characters, exploration, trains and mini-sections (stunts, secret packagages, etc) that I liked better in GTA 3. There were some genuinely positive improvements in Vice, such as the gameplay dynamics (jumping out of moving cars, and shooting people through their windscreens was very cool), motorbikes and helicopters but they weren't implemented so well that I felt I couldn't do without them. The game was put together in less than a year and, unfortunately, it shows.

Vice City somewhat reminds me of what I heard in an interview with Lawrence Fishburne regarding The Matrix Reloaded:

"Fans of the original will love Reloaded; it has more of everything. More action, more pace, more style, more revelations and twists... it expands upon the relationship between Neo and Trinity. It's essentially the original Matrix, to the power of ten."

But which is the better film?"

----------
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:11
Regular
Hang on.. I wrote a lot about this a while back...
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:06
Regular
": ("
Why do so many of you think GTA 3 is better than GTA: Vice City?
Im getting the double pack soon and i will still play GTA 3 but i dont think it beats GTA: Vice City, im so confused at why lots of you think GTA 3 is better, the guy doesn't speak in it, there are no motorbikes and there are lots of other features it lacks of which Vice City has.

Me Thinks:

95% = GTA 3

99% = GTA Vice City

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.